How to without thinning too much??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve38

RCTalk Champion
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hey guys so I would like some advice. When I put the mount and wing on it raises the rear of the body up off the chassis some. And again while I like the look. Helps with the jacked up truck. (Which I'm going away from until able to supply all upgraded steering and drive train parts.)

So without shaving too much off and having a really weak point.
Where or how would u recommend trimming down the plastics??
Or open to a totally diff way to lower it. If available.

REASON: I gotta find some help on keeping some of the debris out. Not all even but some. Thought of somehow extending the lip/wall around the chassis even.

Any ideas are welcome thank you
Crap here are the pics...
Heres the slope. If I could build up instead of dropping body without it looking like trash id rather go that route

Attachments

• 20211003_015818.jpg
    20211003_015818.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20211003_015857.jpg
    20211003_015857.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211003_015826.jpg
    20211003_015826.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20211003_024612.jpg
    20211003_024612.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 49
Short of creating a mesh cover that velcros to the sides of the chassis, I'm not sure how you could accomplish keeping debris out. Wouldnt be that hard to make something like that if you have a sewing machine. Buy some mesh, cut it to shape. sew velcro to the edges.

Hey guys so I would like some advice. When I put the mount and wing on it raises the rear of the body up off the chassis some. And again while I like the look. Helps with the jacked up truck. (Which I'm going away from until able to supply all upgraded steering and drive train parts.)

So without shaving too much off and having a really weak point.
Where or how would u recommend trimming down the plastics??
Or open to a totally diff way to lower it. If available.

REASON: I gotta find some help on keeping some of the debris out. Not all even but some. Thought of somehow extending the lip/wall around the chassis even.

Any ideas are welcome thank you
Crap here are the pics...
Heres the slope. If I could build up instead of dropping body without it looking like trash id rather go that route
I was just going to suggest. Get some back window screen. And you can hot glue a strip to the bottom rail of the body. To make like a little shirt around the chassis. To keep debris from entering.👍👍

I was just going to suggest. Get some back window screen. And you can hot glue a strip to the bottom rail of the body. To make like a little shirt around the chassis. To keep debris from entering.👍👍
That could also work and probably easier to implement

That could also work and probably easier to implement
Oh yeah I have used black screen. On everything from windows grills. Just make sure you get the polyurethane screen. And not the metal screen. Made that mistake once. Didn't turn out to good doesn't mold that well to the bodies..

Just get some standard body posts from another kit. It would get rid of those thick lower flanges. You could glue some thin nylon washers on the underside of the body with Shoe Goo to replace those thicker flanges.

The front looks like they can go lower, but you may have to modify them a bit? Hard to say just looking at pics.

Short of creating a mesh cover that velcros to the sides of the chassis, I'm not sure how you could accomplish keeping debris out. Wouldnt be that hard to make something like that if you have a sewing machine. Buy some mesh, cut it to shape. sew velcro to the edges.
I guess I could just get a dusty cover or integy. Temps here won't be high enough to worry about now I'm sure
Well easy enough lol. I was a bit "relaxed" after a day of working another festival. If the 3 Sisters Festival comes somewhere close to anyone go check it out. Some really good bluegrass and old time "hillbilly" music 😆. I like any music done well live. Well almost any

I guess I could just get a dusty cover or integy. Temps here won't be high enough to worry about now I'm sure
Well easy enough lol. I was a bit "relaxed" after a day of working another festival. If the 3 Sisters Festival comes somewhere close to anyone go check it out. Some really good bluegrass and old time "hillbilly" music 😆. I like any music done well live. Well almost any
I'm not a fan of those dust covers. Like Wicked said try changing the post. To lower body some more you don't really need much more.. you can get post for under 10$...and can get them in all shapes and sizes... just measure the post and the post mounting hole... then replace them... or just cut a strip of screen to add to the bottom of body.
16332730336057608750986904087037.jpg
16332729485217617694591984512428.jpg

I'm not a fan of those dust covers. Like Wicked said try changing the post. To lower body some more you don't really need much more.. you can get post for under 10$...and can get them in all shapes and sizes... just measure the post and the post mounting hole... then replace them... or just cut a strip of screen to add to the bottom of body. View attachment 134281View attachment 134280
Right on. I'll see go that route. Be a bit more fun this way also

Right on. I'll see go that route. Be a bit more fun this way also
Not sure I understand what would more fun. It's been a long smokey morning in the shop..😉🤣🤣👍👍.
I actually use the screen on my windows instead of cutting/drilling holes in my bodies. Oh 💩 just remembered can also use shelf liner also if you don't have any screen laying around.. again cut a strip and glue to the bottom body.i also use it on my windows for air flow...

Attachments

• 16332752167861123727897607810889.jpg
    16332752167861123727897607810889.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 16332752640618427402513343908349.jpg
    16332752640618427402513343908349.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 32
Not sure I understand what would more fun. It's been a long smokey morning in the shop..😉🤣🤣👍👍.
I actually use the screen on my windows instead of cutting/drilling holes in my bodies. Oh 💩 just remembered can also use shelf liner also if you don't have any screen laying around.. again cut a strip and glue to the bottom body.i also use it on my windows for air flow...
Lol no worries. It was a short night and smokey morn on my end. Just meant checking for some diff posts. And with that I may start looking into a diff body to play around with. Maybe paint it even

Lol no worries. It was a short night and smokey morn on my end. Just meant checking for some diff posts. And with that I may start looking into a diff body to play around with. Maybe paint it even
Sounds good. Yeah there's alkt of different ways to go about it. You could also make inner tire wells. To keep crap out... with some thin plastic pieces. You can heat them up and put a 90° angle on one side for mounting.. I can think up a few ideas. Need help post up idea or a thought youbhave we will help you out no worries man. More then one way to skin a animal

Just a heads up, the shelf liner that @StonerRC365 is recommending is cool stuff, but does have a chemical reaction to some plastics. In this case it will most likely not be an issue. But if you leave it in contact with other plastic items laying around it can melt them. When not in use make sure to wrap your extra shelf liner for protection.

I just use actual screen like youd buy for your window screens. Not saying its better just saying its also an option.

wasn't gonna make a whole new thread. But was checking oil in shocks. Noticed it was a bit low. Added oil. Pumped it to get air out and this is what I see. May be normal? Other than the blue metalic piece on my finger. It came from inside the shock body. Looks to be a ball. Are these ball and seat pumps? If so the other front didnt have it. Its the zd racing shocks not the stock.

Attachments

• 20211003_192446.jpg
    20211003_192446.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20211003_192347.jpg
    20211003_192347.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 36
I would imagine at the bottom would be another seal of some sort? But I'll have to wait till i get home tonight. To have all i need to drain clean and look. I've never taken them all apart. So I'm ignorant to whats on the bottom side
Yea now feels gritty on the stroke. What a joke if they are falling apart. I didnt even run these shorter zds.

Attachments

• 20211003_194336.jpg
    20211003_194336.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 34
That last pic is a bladder. Not sure what that blue piece is. If there is nothing blue inside the shock I would have to guess it is a piece of random debri from the factory.

That last pic is a bladder. Not sure what that blue piece is. If there is nothing blue inside the shock I would have to guess it is a piece of random debri from the factory.
Ok I thought so myself. Ol' banggood...guess they need repeat customers. There is another piece I'll fish out later.

The ball?? Ball and seat pump shock?

Back