How to reinforce car body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
I'm getting a new RC car, Redcat Blackout pro, and want to reinforce the plastic body shell once I get it. I have seen things on using shoe goop(whatever that is) with drywall tape or using rubber spray like flexseal. I'm leaning towards the tape and goop method. Any thoughts? I also want to reinforce the post holes, would gluing washers to the inside do the trick? Or to the outside?

Yeah I've got a roll of black gorilla tape..that could work. Much less messy and simpler.

I have used black gorrila duct tape and yet to have any issues doing so. The body held up very good and strong with the gorilla tape and way less messy and faster process no need to wait for frying or any of that.

Clear FlexSeal spray is excellent for protecting the inside paint from scratches. I guess it could add strength to the body if you laid it on thick enough though. There are some other good rubber sprays that I've used in the past as well.

I like the gorilla tape idea..seems quick and easy..that stuff is tough so should hold up. Flexseal is very thin so would be good for an outer seal..other rubber sprays like rust oleum seem much thicker. How about the post holes..anyone ever shore those up with washers or anything?

I like the gorilla tape idea..seems quick and easy..that stuff is tough so should hold up. Flexseal is very thin so would be good for an outer seal..other rubber sprays like rust oleum seem much thicker. How about the post holes..anyone ever shore those up with washers or anything?

I usually use those felt/sponge washers you can get just for that purpose actually. They have a sticky backing.

I usually use those felt/sponge washers you can get just for that purpose actually. They have a sticky backing.
Do those protect the holes from cracking? Figured something rigid glued around the hole would be good. Where do you get the felt washers?

Back