How to charge non Traxxas ID batteries with a Traxxas charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
So my charger I have now went out on me so I went over to my uncles RC bench and found a Traxxas EZPeak plus charger and stole it from him since he doesn't do RCs anymore. And I can only charge batteries with Traxxas batteries. I saw videos on how to charge a non traxxas lipo with the charger but I don't know if it is the same for nimh batteries.

You can just buy an adapter for it. I have two of them and I made several different adapters. The balance plug hooks up to the balance port on the charger.
The charger will charge both Lipo and Nimh batteries. I have two of them, a single battery and a double battery charger. They are both for either 2s or 3s.
In all honesty, the Traxxas chargers are far from best quality but they work in a pinch. I only have the second one because it came in a lot I bought a few years ago. You can find the user manual on the Traxxas website if you don't have one that came with it.
The Traxxas Lipo batteries has the built in balance plug.

Yes, it works with both non-Traxxas NiMH and LiPo batteries. Plug it in (lights will flash an up and down "bouncing" sequence), press and hold the "Charge Rate Select" + "Start/Stop" buttons at the same time until just one LED blinks (one of the red ones). After that, press the "Battery Type" button to switch from LiPo to NiMH, and the "Charge Rate Select" to select the correct charging amperage (usually no more than capacity/1000 amps; a 4000mah battery can be charged at 4 amps, a 3300mah battery can be charged at 3 amps, etc.). Press and hold the "Start/Stop" button, and it should start charging.

So my charger I have now went out on me so I went over to my uncles RC bench and found a Traxxas EZPeak plus charger and stole it from him since he doesn't do RCs anymore. And I can only charge batteries with Traxxas batteries. I saw videos on how to charge a non traxxas lipo with the charger but I don't know if it is the same for nimh batteries.
Hold down the start and charge rate select at the same time then make sure the light next to nimh is on then hit charge rate select and select the one under the green and then start it