how much $$ for basic maintenance?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosolid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
How much should i expect to spend per month or per year if i just want to maintain a stock HPI Nitro MT, without getting all the extras but just keeping it running well? i'd probably be running it for an hour at a time, 2 times a month. I want to have something cool to play with, but i don't have the time and money to get into it seriously.

thanks guys

Depends on how often the WOT bug gets you and what kind of terrain you will be driving on. The rougher the terrain and the bigger the jumps, the more $ it will cost you to play there.

If you want to play in a flat smooth area with minimal jumping and minimal objects to smash into, it will obviously be cheaper.

It's hard to put a $ on 1 hours worth of driving. On fuel alone, you will be spending anywhere from $5-$10 on constant running. Then there's tires, bearings, engine wear... and this is if you don't smash into something.

I don't know the truck your looking into, so it's hard to judge what will break on you the most often and how to avoid it. Typically, it's the arms and the shock towers that go first. That's anywhere from $6-$15 depending on how many you break.

It's not a cheap hobby, but it is a rewarding one. The more effort you put in, the more worth it it seems.

All i know it is how much you drive and how good you drive but at the least $50 if you drive on a regular basis.....Nick

50 bucks... err I've had my savage for over a year and in the last 6 months I've only put 50 bucks total in it but thats of course i get my fuel for 10 bucks a gallon (blue thunder 20%) other than that i havent broke a thing

There is no set amount, we all drive different on different terrian, we all have different user error experiences that may or may not cause you to incur more expenses. Just no way to guage this sorry. I spend a lot more than $50 year I will tell you that much!

Reptile where do you get your blue thunder from?