How much $$$ do you spend on your truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obi-dad-kenobi

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So how much money do you spend per month on your truck? I've seen some pretty extensive repair lists( over here ) and I was wondering how much I would have to budget into my new hobby...

I used to spend 200-300 monthly... have slowed down pretty much to none lately, no time to drive any of my rigs.

I spend like... I'd say 70-100 a month with just Broken parts. Then there's new tires, bodies, upgrade parts, etc. It adds up... lol

if your just running a sc truck then you prolly wont be spending too much. its when you step into everything else that your monthly hobby bill adds up, crawlers, scalers, buggies, mt's yada yada yada. I'm glad I'm just down to a few rigs now.

Monthly, I would say about none. and I drive the crap out of the slash. But if something were to break one would have to fix.

If you're just running a slash, it's not too bad, but I run a slash, crawler, 2 boats, 2 stadium trucks, and a mcx heli. I obviously don't run them all the time, but I'm always working on something....and always spending money on something.
Slash's are by far the cheapest vehicle to run because of their durability, but the hobby itself is an addiction, it's very difficult to stop/stick to a single vehicle, lol.

I just started racing my "used" slash and other than race fees I haven't spent too much. I have been gathering new and used parts off the for sale section to save from having to go to the LHS to pay full retail. Extra motors, tires chassis parts including shocks I'm in about $150 for spare parts of which I've only used the shocks to run on the asphalt track. I also am building a few crawlers and sc10 but that's out of a different piggy bank :rolleyes:

it all depends on the class...1/5 vs 1/18 is very different. i have dropped a couple grand in a month on my baja's to just a few bucks on me mlst. it all depends on the need and of course the wallet.

When things break, replace them with RPM products. They are holding up very well for us.

I now have close to $2500 in my Savage, not counting the M11 Radio, but it's been well worth it. I've never broken a single part. :rolleyes:

When things break, replace them with RPM products. They are holding up very well for us.

This has been true with me as well, though I did opt for the RPM Shock towers even though the stocks have never broken on me. I was just tired of the screws backing out. Come to find out, even with proper torque on the RPM towers the left side of the truck only, both front and rear, are backing out.

I now have close to $2500 in my Savage, not counting the M11 Radio, but it's been well worth it. I've never broken a single part. :rolleyes:

Yeah, one day you may bump it while dusting the stuff on the bottom shelf and it will fall off and get a scratch on it from the coffee table which is entirely unacceptable and will require replacement.

If that ever happens, I might as well take it out and run it since i know , deep in my heart, it will never be the same.

Gentlemen, let us lower our heads and weep at the very thought of it.

If that ever happens, I might as well take it out and run it since i know , deep in my heart, it will never be the same.

Gentlemen, let us lower our heads and weep at the very thought of it.

Heck, if it ever got a scratch, it's done for. Might as well just trash it and make a new one at that point! :p

Pretty... but a little too rich for my blood.

If its not broke, DONT FIX IT!!!!!!!!

Only spend money on it when needed. So far with everything included probably over $500 on the Slash. That's not bad.

Back