How many of you spend time in the toy aisle?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbear

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
While in a Wal Mart or a Target, or the like, how many of you must go through the toy aisle just for fun. Primarily the Hot Wheels or scale cars and Monster Trucks just to see if there's something that catches your eye? Be honest. I do it all the time. I guess the kid that always liked to do that never grew out of me. Just couldn't help myself today. 🤣🤣🤣 I was in Wal Mart today and had some time to kill so guess where I went?

The F1 cars come with their own acrylic display case.
20240426_153921.jpg

20240426_153935.jpg

I also have a 1/12 scale of this 2016 KTM RC390
20240426_154017.jpg

My real 2016 KTM RC390
ktmrc39003.jpg

That is so true. I check out the toy section every time I go to Walmart. 🤣 Guess I'm not the only one. I look at the toy car section.

My youngest is 17. At this point brightly colored plastic just doesn't have the draw it used to.
I don't think I ever lost the attraction to those bright shine plastic things. I was fascinated as a child and just never lost that feeling. 😎👍

Toy aisle? That's funny, and sounds about right... an aisle to go up and down. I don't know what's going on in other parts of the world, but here in central PA I feel for the youth. No mall to hang out at for hours. Growing up, every Friday night we'd go out to supper, and head to the mall. KB Toys, and the toy section of Boscov's was the place for me to browse all the cool stuff. Boscov's had a whole aisle of model rockets, a whole aisle of RC cars, a whole aisle of model vehicles, a whole aisle of .... you get the picture.

The funny thing is retail store and retail prices. That RC car aisle in Boscov's department store had Cox, Marui, AYK, Tamiya, MRC, Associated etc., etc. Those retail prices were crazy, and why I started in the RC hobby through mail order places advertising in the 👀hot girls 🔥👙 with airplanes 🛩️RCM magazine 😎. That magazine had a small surface RC section in it and I'd spend half an hour at Walden's book store every Friday night going through that magazine.

Cutting out that "middle man"... I'm sorry for ruining those malls 🙁.

I don't think I ever lost the attraction to those bright shine plastic things. I was fascinated as a child and just never lost that feeling. 😎👍
I came from a humble beginning, and did not have very much, in the way of toys. So, being financial comfortable today, I'm making up for what we couldn't afford in my youth.
Yep, I still enjoy perusing the toy section at Walmart, mostly because the one by me is by one of the restrooms and sporting goods. I rarely buy anything from the toy dept, but I do enjoy seeing what's on display. I always swing through the sporting goods dept for the same reason, but I tend to buy "toys" there. Constantly, picking up those cheapo $5 pocket knives, fishing lures, airgun pellets, etc.
Here are a few, somewhat recent, Walmart toy dept purchases...
0217221938a.jpg

1219201410a_Burst01.jpg

0124211407.jpg

I haven't been in a big department store in a long time.
From the parking lot to the front doors just about kills me.

I came from a humble beginning, and did not have very much, in the way of toys. So, being financial comfortable today, I'm making up for what we couldn't afford in my youth.
Yep, I still enjoy perusing the toy section at Walmart, mostly because the one by me is by one of the restrooms and sporting goods. I rarely buy anything from the toy dept, but I do enjoy seeing what's on display. I always swing through the sporting goods dept for the same reason, but I tend to buy "toys" there. Constantly, picking up those cheapo $5 pocket knives, fishing lures, airgun pellets, etc.
Here are a few, somewhat recent, Walmart toy dept purchases...
View attachment 188657
View attachment 188658
View attachment 188659
I need that Godzilla. Walmart you say?

Back