How does it work with this Sensored Brushless Motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nico0821

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I had bought a Turnigy TrackStar SCT 5.5T Sensored Brushless Motor 3750KV for my year group project where I need to use Arduino for the motor speed control. However, when this motor came in, I then realise it's not a regular three pin three phase motor but a six pin one, 3 for the phases and 3 for the hall sensor. Now, I need to figure out the right assignment for the pins or else, which said by my lecturer, may damage the hall sensor.

Hope someone who has experience with this motor can answer me so that I can get things solved or else we have to use more budget to just to get a new one. T_T

The 6 pin cable is the sensors
The power for the motor must be soldered on to the 3 big tabs marked ABC.
trackstar4x4port.jpg

The 6 pin cable is the sensors
The power for the motor must be soldered on to the 3 big tabs marked ABC.
trackstar4x4port.jpg
Thanks mate

Just one more question tho, do I need a special attachment or like connection wire for the hall sensor, where I can connect it to an Arduino or an ESC.

yes the esc or aud system must be able to read the sensor on th motor can't use a censored motor on a non censored esc

yes the esc or aud system must be able to read the sensor on th motor can't use a censored motor on a non censored esc
so which type of connection wire should I use, or like what is the type of the data port for the pins?

I'm assuming these should work. I'm assuming its like the lipo balance plug, one standard size except the mini and micros.

This is the brand I use. Ebay or amazon "brushless motor sensor wire" and you may find cheaper or closer options.

https://www.castlecreations.com/en/sensor-wires

They have different lengths. For what its worth, sensorless ESCs operate sensorless motors. Sensored ESCs can do both, atleast mine can.

FYI, I don't know about the AUD system, but a sensored motor can be used as non-sensored on a non-sensored esc without the 6 pin cable plugged in to anything. It just works like a normal non-sensored motor. Castle used to offer their 3800kv motor in 2 flavors, one sensored and one non. Then they did away with the non-sensored one, but still pair the motor with both their sensored mamba x esc and non-sensored sidewinder esc's.

I don't believe that is a feature specific to castle sensored motors. At least for RC use.

right forgot that but I still wont do it just me.to many ns redline in a box I bought years ago

Back