How do we all make a living.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
custom fab for the 18 wheelers that work in the field. i also do some of the welding
and get drag race the forklifts

I'm a Junior in High School at the age of 17, Work at Jack In the Box and Still find time to be a kid. I plan on next year after I graduate to enlist in the United States Air Force and plan on one day becoming a Pilot for this country.

Hey Losi....I am in the Air Force and have been for about 13 1/2 years. If you want to be a pilot for us my friend the easiest way to do it is NOT to enlist first. Go to college, get a BA in something and go to OTS. Pilots are commissioned officers not enlisted. It is easier to go from the civilian world to officer training school than from enlisted to "O". If you are truly interested, PM me if you have any questions. I am not a recruiter so I will shoot you 100% straight.

Going on 18yrs as a Commercial/Residential HVAC Tech. Design, assemble, maintain some highend A/C and Heating systems. I've also snaked quite a few toilets in my life... lol :)
Professional Deuce Wrangler...

Japanese Rubber Monkey....I run a machine that builds tires for Bridgestone.
I'm not Japanese btw and I hope that dooes not offend anyone. It's not ment to be racial, just what we nicknames ourselves.
Before that i worked at a few other plants. My first real job was a F-16 crew chief in the A.F. Loved the job, hated the pay!

I make tires for bridgestone also, I cook big azz tires at firestone ag.

So you guys are set, you don't have to worry about the economy affecting your jobs. From what I have heard you can't make those tractor tires fast enough.
They cut out all of our overtime:(
It's putting a hurting on my RC funds!

yea, they are hiring 90 people this month, I'm still getting 60 hours a week, people will always need farm/construction tires lol

i recently switched jobs. new job is a sales engineer for a large oilwell service company. Boss man is looking to have me learn their well drilling instrumentation inside and out and then provide central tech for the east coast. After a year of that he wants to check out management opportunities.

welder/fab for columbian tectank, also work in the tech coatings phase from time to time.
we are a world leader in storage, any thing from crude oil to sugar and everything in between. check us out at( columbian tectank. com)

Doctor of Audiology.

I help people with hearing loss. I've tested kids as young as 1 day old, up to old ladies as old as 101. I work in a big hospital here in the city and I help with patients who are seeing our ENT's as well as other things. I've seen victims of car and motorcycle accidents. Gunshots to the head. All sorts of crap. I get to watch surgeries and all that cool stuff. So it's like I'm a real doctor without the 10 years of college. Oh wait, I did do 8...

I've been promoted.

Professional Slacker Level 2.

Doctor of Audiology.

I help people with hearing loss. I've tested kids as young as 1 day old, up to old ladies as old as 101. I work in a big hospital here in the city and I help with patients who are seeing our ENT's as well as other things. I've seen victims of car and motorcycle accidents. Gunshots to the head. All sorts of crap. I get to watch surgeries and all that cool stuff. So it's like I'm a real doctor without the 10 years of college. Oh wait, I did do 8...

Awesome!

So uh.. hey Doc? So hypothetically if someone had had a small perforation at the outer edge of the postero-superior quadrant of the right ear for years but didn't want another tympanoplasty since they had one for a perforated left eardrum and experienced a sharp drop in hearing loss on the left side (unless they constantly cleared their ears) what would you suggest? Myringoplasty? with tubes for pressure equalization? Leave it alone?

It's for uh.. a friend.

*blink*

Sooo...does your "friend" experience hearing loss in that right ear? Because frankly, a persistent perforation functions pretty much the same as a pressure equalization tube, making the consideration of tympanoplasty or myringoplasty with reinsertion of a PE tube sorta redundant. Any persistent ear infections?

As for the left side. Sounds like Eustachian Tube dysfunction at first glance. If your "friend's" eardrum was patched, and the patch held, and then the hearing decreased unless a manual pressure equalization (I'm assuming a Valsalva?), I'd be inclined to believe the Eustachian Tube is not opening properly. Does your "friend" have any history of allergies or chronic sinus conditions?

And, as always, the preceding "advice" is merely one clinician's opinion, dispensed over a relatively anonymous internet forum and should not be construed as concrete or binding medical opinion. If significant health concerns are suspected, you should immediately contact a qualified physician for appropriate treatment. Thank you and have a nice day.

Sooo...does your "friend" experience hearing loss in that right ear? Because frankly, a persistent perforation functions pretty much the same as a pressure equalization tube, making the consideration of tympanoplasty or myringoplasty with reinsertion of a PE tube sorta redundant. Any persistent ear infections?

As for the left side. Sounds like Eustachian Tube dysfunction at first glance. If your "friend's" eardrum was patched, and the patch held, and then the hearing decreased unless a manual pressure equalization (I'm assuming a Valsalva?), I'd be inclined to believe the Eustachian Tube is not opening properly. Does your "friend" have any history of allergies or chronic sinus conditions?

PM'd ya

Back