How bad this batteries can be?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogda89

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I just ordered this super cheap batteries from Amazon. I need some cheap 2s batteries for testing and low power rc cars. Hopefully they work.

Screenshot_20230513-214024.png

Hoovo's didn't test well at all in Greywolf's LiPo comparison tests.

This is true, but mine have worked well enough but I don't stress mine to their limits either.

I imagine for what @Bogda89 is using them for the budget batteries will be fine. Sometimes it's just a matter of convenience.

I got a pair of 2s hoovo packs. They are good for bashing and stuff. Racing, no. When I use my 2s SMC stick packs, I feel more of a punch to the car than the hoovo.
but mine have worked well enough but I don't stress mine to their limits either.
Me charging my batteries on 10 amps and discharge at 1 amp 👀

With actually charging at the rate I am and how I'm using them, they have a very low and good IR.

Never heard of those batteries before but they should be fine just to get the whatever your running, running and working.

Hoovo's didn't test well at all in Greywolf's LiPo comparison tests.
With how cheap they are they work totally fine. I bought some on cyber Monday for 9 dollars a piece and they work great in my Stampede

25C is higher than mine. What other packs do you have?
I got

2x Hoovo 7.4 2s 5200mah 85C (TRX plug)

1x Youme 7.4 Power 2s 6200mah 50C (TRX plug)

2x SMC 2s 7.4 Stick packs 7200mah 90C constant (5mm bullet inboard)

2x Maclan 2s 7.6 (Lipo High voltage or LiHV) shorty packs 6100mah 120C (5mm bullet inboard)

2x Dynamite mini 2s 7.4 packs (1 is 650 mah 20C , the other is 800mah 50C) (EC2 plug)

It seems that low budget battery brands come and go on a monthly basis. I've never heard of KERO before.

Fun fact: The last time I had 2S 25C 4000mAh packs was when they came included with the three (2011?) ZD Racing ZRT-1 1/8 scale truggies I ordered... let's just say things didn't turn out so well for them 25C packs. I have not looked at what ZD Racing puts in their RTRs nowadays, but I hope they improved.

I'm sure those 25C pack will be fine for most any 1/10 scale 2wd platforms.

Hunger, WinAmp, and Vortex LiPo batteries are what I've bought in the past. Those brands seemed to have faded away. Possibly the same companies? Who knows? Maybe just under a new name, and new "stickers" on a battery packs. If you buy enough packs... I'm sure anyone can have your very own brand of batteries. 🤷‍♂️ ;)

Last edited:
Received the batteries yesterday. I didn't run them, but I did charge and discharge cycle on the charger.

Good thing, they came balanced, charged well with no need to balance, discharged down to 3.2 and both cells were within 0.01 volts. I don't have a fancy charger with ir meter, but by the voltage sag during charging at 7 amps they are definitely not high c, but I have seen worst.

Bad thing, capacity is overrated, they are 3900 mah. If someone wants I can check weight but they are light, obviously case inside is half empty, but I have seen that in other batteries as well.

Another interesting feature is that they come with those plastic extensions for balance plug, and one t plug to xt60 adapter.

For 11$ a per battery delivered, it's not really bad. I will be using them in slower mostly brushed cars, and more for testing rc cars that I have to fix. For that money it's hard to find even 2200mah lipo with delivery.

Last edited:
Back