Hota D6 pro questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krimy123

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
So I just received the HOTA D6 pro ,

I have no clue on what I need , what type of wires for my batteries , what settings I should be getting.

I also got an adapter from European to Canadian AC I’ve been told that I wouldn’t need any type of transformer or anything other than just a basic adapter , is this true ???

Most information are in Chinese and sadly I don’t understand anything haha. Is there like a YouTube guide or anything like it ?

Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm trying to find the right leads for it , like from the charger to my batteries which are Dean's plugs. I also saw in that video that he had like a balance board for everytype of batteries. I'm just looking for more infos and I wish there was more !

Search Amazon for Deans to XT60 adaptors. I would also grab a couple 6S balance lead extensions the same length as the adaptors you get.

Last edited:
yes that what wf was referring to id grab a squid to me has more options to charge batteries.

a squid ? like an adaptor with all the different options of adaptors ???

You can use a 6S balance lead for all batteries up to 6S. You just have to remove the tab from the connector that prevents the other batteries from plugging in.

Here are a few of the various adapter cables I have made up for some of my batteries...
20221109_060625.jpg

And here is how I modified the balance extension connector to fit any battery up to 6s. Just remove the center tab.
20221109_060611.jpg

Then when you plug in your battery, always have the positive leads on the same side (only way it will connect anyway), but have the connector plugged in towards the negative side of the balance lead. Here is a 3s plugged in.
20221109_060649.jpg

And here is a 2s plugged in. Notice both connectors are inserted on the negative side (black wires) of the lead.
20221109_061328.jpg

This just mimics the exact same way you connect the batteries directly to the charger if not using a balance extension. Notice the negative side indicator, and the numbers correspond to where the positive lead gets plugged in for each battery. So a 1s battery would connect to far right two pins. A 2s would connect to far right 3 pins. Etc, etc.
20221109_061848.jpg

So for example, this is a 3s plugged into the charger. Notice the red wire lines up with the number 3 on the port.
20221109_062354.jpg

Last edited:
a squid ? like an adaptor with all the different options of adaptors ???
First thing you need to do is decide what Connectors you want to use. XT60, XT90, EC3, EC5, or Deans. Once you settled on a connector type then you're going to want to buy some male and females of that type along with some 12 and/or 10AWG wire.

The connectors on the front of the charger are XT60s so youll need at least 2 female XT60s so you can make charging leads for the charger. Alternately you could just buy XT60 female to XYZ male leads that are prebuilt. XYZ being whatever type of connector you decide to go with.

Word of warning... If you decide to go with Deans connectors as your main battery connector you should buy genuine Deans connectors and make sure you only use the genuine one on your batteries and ESCs. The vast majority of things you buy that come with Deans adapters already on them are fake chinese cloned Deans connectors and dont have half of the current capabilities of the genuine article. Using generic Deans for charger leads is fine though as you're never going to really put more than 10-15 amps through those anyway. The battery and ESC connectors are a different story.

For the balance plugs just buy a couple of THESE balance boards.

As for the AC adapter, I couldnt tell ya if it will work without a transformer or not. Not trying to sound critical but you should have just bought one with a NA style plug. Thats not a huge deal though because eventually you'll probably want to buy a DC power supply to run it off of anyway for greater power output.

Hope this helps.

I hate balance boards. I would just buy these and remove the tab like I showed above...
Screenshot_20221109-062917_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I did order a kit of 20 XT60 last week and realized yesterday that the charger was using xt60 so I’m probably going to go with those.

As far as the electric outlet , I had no idea there were different ones. I just ordered on Amazon directly and I never had that issue before.

What type of DC power supply should I be looking for ? Anything I need to make sure off before I get one.

And I will place an order for the balance leads as well.

Thanks a lot for everything

A little tip I find handy, I color the top of the balance connectors with a sharpie so I don't accidentally plug it in reversed. just makes it quicker to identify the correct direction when your in a hurry or distracted. I always know the colored side goes up.

A little tip I find handy, I color the top of the balance connectors with a sharpie so I don't accidentally plug it in reversed. just makes it quicker to identify the correct direction when your in a hurry or distracted. I always know the colored side goes up.
I don't know how you could possibly get one in upside down? The pins are offset, plus the tabs on one side prevent that.

What type of DC power supply should I be looking for ?
I wouldnt worry about it right now unless you're going to need some sort of transformer to power that EU plug. If you do or if you just want to make the jump to a DC PSU then Id recommend getting something like one of these. I tend to prefer 24V but the 12V power supplies will work also. The most cost effective ones are the ones where people/companies take old PC server power supplies and repurpose them for powering anything 12v or 24v. You can even buy the PSUs off of eBay and convert them yourself if you want to try and tackle that kind of project. Otherwise Id look for something like one of these. These are the type I like to make :)

24V PSU (Has less taps than the 12V but you can always make a pair of splitters.)

12V PSU

Last edited:
She’s not pretty but she will do , there’s a plastic wrapping around the battery , should I remove it ?

I will also have to change the one on my sons rustler.

My question now is on the HOTA D6 pro what settings I should set in order to charge the battery??? Since there seems to have a bunch of choice and Someone told me it also had a matter of the number of C on the batteries.

Thanks

image.jpg

Plug the battery in. Select the channel you plugged into. 1 is on the left, 2 is on the right.

Press the scroll wheel.

Select charge

It should automatically detect the cell count, but make sure that matches your battery - 2S or 7.4v.

The charge rate will be the mAh of your battery divided by 1000. So for the battery pictured- 5800 ÷ 1000 = 5.6A for a 1C charge rate.

Once set, press start.

And no, never remove the battery wraps.

Okay my shorty battery also had the wraps but they were covering the bullet holes so I ended up removing them in order to be able to plug it
Okay my shorty battery also had the wraps but they were covering the bullet holes so I ended up removing them in order to be able to plug it
So I guess I have to wait until the top right says 100% ? Because that would be my total charge ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Once the battery hits 4.20 volts per cell (8.4 for the whole battery) the battery is fully charged. And that's if your using 2s battery. Voltages are different with 3s and other batteries.
Oh, yes once it hits 100 percent it is fully charged.
How's the build with the EB410? Been looking at them myself. After checking out my local on road racing track I might want to get into on road racing.

Once the battery hits 4.20 volts per cell (8.4 for the whole battery) the battery is fully charged. And that's if your using 2s battery. Voltages are different with 3s and other batteries.
Oh, yes once it hits 100 percent it is fully charged.
How's the build with the EB410? Been looking at them myself. After checking out my local on road racing track I might want to get into on road racing.
The build is going nicely to be honest the only issue I’m having is me being stupid and losing 2 tiny parts that are quite important so I’m currently waiting on them to ship to me then I’ll be able to complete it but honestly it’s pretty decent and if you have any previous ways on any rc it shouldn’t be an issue

Back