Hota D6 pro questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering let’s say I get done playing with it and there is still some power in the battery ? Do I leave it as is or should I remove the power with the charger?

What I do is put the battery right on the charger on storage mode. If the voltage is below 3.8 per cell if will put power in the battery. If is is above 3.8 per cell it removes power from the battery. 3.8 per cell is a safe voltage to store at. Also while running don't go below 3.0 volts per cell. Most esc's has a low voltage cut off and you can program different voltages to cut off at. Low voltage cut off prevents you from going below 3.0 volts per cell.

Never store batteries fully charged. Charge them, and run them soon after. If you're not going to run them, put them back into storage mode. I set my low voltage cutoff on the ESC to no less than 3.4v per cell if possible.

Okay I’ll try to find a way to set it on the rustler at 3.4 , I just have to read the manual haha !

Thanks

Ok so with the Traxxas vxl systems I'm pretty sure you can't set the low voltage cut off I believe you can only turn it on and off. It might come disabled as well out of the box so i recommend watching this video on how to enable it. (All I know is Traxxas has less programmable esc's and little bit harder to program since of dealing with the set button and blinking lights) Now with your tekin ESC in your buggy I am pretty sure you can set it. I am not sure if it's the same with the tekin but most esc's have different ways with program like a Bluetooth link or program box. I would get like a tekin program box if they make it. Also here is another tool that might help. I use these little cell checkers and I check the voltage of the lipos like every other 5 mins when I am bashing just to make sure. There is different kinds of cell checkers that go more into detail but the ones I use are simple and mostly accurate.
On my mini b I have it on 3.2 volts per cell which is a little bit low and I should have it on 3.4. This is what happened one day. Normal run and all and once it hit low voltage in one of my cells it dropped to 2.9-2.7 per cell and you dot want that. I ran in the house and put the battery on storage to get the voltage up. With LVC, lipos hold their power till LVC kicks in. Once LVC hits, the voltage goes down fast.

Looks like you have the tekin Bluetooth programmer so you should be ready to go with your buggy.

Last edited:
Yeah I did get the Hotwire for my Tekin , so on that front I should be able to set it correctly.

I'm also looking into a decent temp gun.

Yeah I did get the Hotwire for my Tekin , so on that front I should be able to set it correctly.

I'm also looking into a decent temp gun.
Any infrared gun off amazon should work just fine. Mine cost $16 I think, and when I checked it against a few things it seems pretty spot on.

I was wondering let’s say I get done playing with it and there is still some power in the battery ? Do I leave it as is or should I remove the power with the charger?
Even with 5~10 watts of discharging power, the resistors inside of most chargers out there create lots of heat. The compact chargers of today have no room to accommodate larger/more capacitors for more discharging power, and the heat that would be created. One other great thing about your charger (Hota H6 Pro pictured)... external discharging capability. If you have no time to run batteries down in an RC racing/bashing session, then perhaps building a discharger of some sort may be right up your alley to help bring down voltage of cells for storage.
IMG_20220709_113922999.jpg
IMG_20220709_113522400.jpg

Last edited:
Even with 5~10 watts of discharging power, the resistors inside of most chargers out there create lots of heat. The compact chargers of today have no room to accommodate larger/more capacitors for more discharging power, and the heat that would be created. One other great thing about your charger (Hota H6 Pro pictured)... external discharging capability. If you have no time to run batteries down in an RC racing/bashing session, then perhaps building a discharger of some sort may be right up your alley to help bring down voltage of cells for storage.
View attachment 155469View attachment 155468
I thought about buying an Optima deep cycle battery to discharge my packs back into.

Back