Hot Racing Traxxas 2wd transmission case

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I found tons of transmission cases for the Traxxas 2wd cars, are they the same as Hot Racing or different? Transmission case #1 Transmission case #2 Hot Racing sources their parts from manufacturers in China so these might be the same.

I have a HR transmission case for my high speed Rusty and those pretty much look identical just missing the HR logo

Some of the ones on ebay have a chamfer machined after the anodize process, and some don't. I am seeing ones listed as HR with and without the chamfer. But it seems all the ones with the chamfer, and listed as HR, don't have the HR logo. But all the ones I am seeing NOT listed as HR have the chamfer.

Conclusion...
The ones with the chamfer are clones. If you want a real deal HR one, don't buy it from ebay unless it is coming from a reputable seller such as GoNitro Hobbies, Amain, Horizon, etc. There are thousands of machine shops in China. And parts like this are easily reverse engineered and copied by these copycat shops.

Some of the ones on ebay have a chamfer machined after the anodize process, and some don't. I am seeing ones listed as HR with and without the chamfer. But it seems all the ones with the chamfer, and listed as HR, don't have the HR logo. But all the ones I am seeing NOT listed as HR have the chamfer.

Conclusion...
The ones with the chamfer are clones. If you want a real deal HR one, don't buy it from ebay unless it is coming from a reputable seller such as GoNitro Hobbies, Amain, Horizon, etc. There are thousands of machine shops in China. And parts like this are easily reverse engineered and copied by these copycat shops.
Is the chamfer the silver parts around the edge I'm assuming? As is a chamfered edge? The real HR one has these too. If it doesn't say HR on the middle blue cylinder then its a clone.

Is the chamfer the silver parts around the edge I'm assuming? As is a chamfered edge? The real HR one has these too. If it doesn't say HR on the middle blue cylinder then its a clone.
Yeah, the shiney aluminum cut is a chamfer that is machined after the parts are anodized. So I am guessing most of those on ebay are clones, and not real HR parts.

I just put the HR case on my Rustler and it is a nice trans case for sure. At just $54 though I dont know if its worth taking the chance on those Chinese knockoffs even if they are the same. Putting it together though is a pita, lol.

Back