Hot Bodies D8T with Savage Wheels?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsodmike

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all,

I've just got a D8T on order and it'll be here soon. Can I fit on HPI Savage 25 wheels on direct or do I need any adapter type mounts?

These are the wheels I want to use...

FB_IMG_1359695273100416.jpg

Thanks!

Only if the Savage wheels are 17mm hexes. Don't take this the wrong way but why are you putting huge MT tires on a truggy? The Big Joes are way to heavy for a truggy. But back to your question if they are 17mm hexes than yes they will fit.

Thanks for the info. The Big Jones would need a longer shaft, possibly. I'll check in a bit.

Well my Kyosho has 17 mm hexes standard buggy wheels; the savage uses a different flanged nut though.

Oh thats right the 25 had wheels like the T-Maxx used to. They were 14mm hexes so they will not fit.

IMG_20130302_144241.jpg

Aha so that's what they are... I couldn't find any adapters on A Main as I wasn't sure what to search for, I thought they were 12 mm hexes...

The top is a buggy wheel with Crime Fighters on 'em; both are 17 mm hexes and fit my Mugen and Kyosho... If you find any on eBay etc. please let me know - thanks!!

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

How about these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ofna-86000-14mm-wheel-adapter-hub-set-/320924512376

???

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Crap, that's the only adapter set listed (can't find 'em anywhere else) and he doesn't ship outside the US :'(

Last edited:
The big joes are to big to put on a truggy anyway...I wouldnt stress over it.

Back