Hopups?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishdude

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've got a Traxxas Nitro Sport that I'm lookin to upgrade the suspention on and I've got some questions and I thought maybe this would be a good place to start.

I'm looking to replace Shocktowers, shocks, front and rear arms, knuckles, linkage, bulkheads... everything really. I've found many places carry these parts but wonder if you guys know of any other good places to get good gear that i could check out. Id like to go mostly aluminum unless you have other suggestions.

The questions are:

Parts labled for the Rustler will fit the Nitro sport, correct? (suspention wise)

I've seen a lot of these parts labeled as "electric only". Will these parts not work on the nitro version, or are they interchangable?

Also, can i mix and match brands or would it be a better idea to use the same brand for all the parts?

I liked the parts from st racing, and integy but I've heard as nice as the integy arms look, they arent too durable. I've looked at many websites like towerhobbies and so on but it seems kinda hit and miss with putting together a full set of a brand. RCplanet was this site i noticed a lot of parts that looked like all my parts but were labeled as "electric only". Any other brands or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

put some evader shock towers on it they will work, i jumped my tns and broke both shock towers and i juss put my evader towers on it annd they are way better

All Rustler parts I've seen and used do work on the Nitro Sport.

Not sure if electric stuff interchanges, I never messed with them.

Mixing brands shouldn't be a problem but I would probably stick to one brand for all of like parts, all shocks the same or all a-arms the same etc...

Integy seems to have customer service problems and durability problems with shocks. Haven't seen any complaints on shock towers or arms.

Cool! Thanks for the replies. sorry i didnt get back sooner, was having computer problems. Ill have research some more when I'm ready to upgrade. I just thought the electric only parts were a little odd. In the meantime I've got to get this engine running right! Thanks guys!

Hey, I also own a TNS. RPM makes DURABLE plastics, Just rammed them into some big concrete rocks today. Only Damage done to the car was knocking loose the muffler ;)

I've got a Traxxas Nitro Sport that I'm lookin to upgrade the suspention on and I've got some questions and I thought maybe this would be a good place to start.

I'm looking to replace Shocktowers, shocks, front and rear arms, knuckles, linkage, bulkheads... everything really. I've found many places carry these parts but wonder if you guys know of any other good places to get good gear that i could check out. Id like to go mostly aluminum unless you have other suggestions.

The questions are:

Parts labled for the Rustler will fit the Nitro sport, correct? (suspention wise)

I've seen a lot of these parts labeled as "electric only". Will these parts not work on the nitro version, or are they interchangable?

Also, can i mix and match brands or would it be a better idea to use the same brand for all the parts?

I liked the parts from st racing, and integy but I've heard as nice as the integy arms look, they arent too durable. I've looked at many websites like towerhobbies and so on but it seems kinda hit and miss with putting together a full set of a brand. RCplanet was this site i noticed a lot of parts that looked like all my parts but were labeled as "electric only". Any other brands or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Back