Holy Hop Ups Batman!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So there I was on eBay and I stumbled across this for $200. Its got no lid, or electronics but holy cow if this thing isnt hoped up then I dont know what is lol. I just wish there werent some Integy parts on it but it is what it is. What do you guys think? Nice find? In retorspect I'm not sure why I wanted a 2WD stampede but what the heck. It will be in my stable soon :)

s-l1600.jpg
s-l160550.jpg
s-l1454600.jpg
s-l1632600.jpg
s-l15635600.jpg
s-l16036530.jpg
s-l16265300.jpg

I have both the Stampede 4x4 and 2wd and they are a kick in the butt. My wife claimed " well stole from me" the 2wd but that's ok, I have visitation rights.. ;)

Nice but you didn't mention those body post 😆
I think hes cut them flush to install the proline screw cap bofy retention set up they have. Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like there are holes in the middle of the posts. I'm just gonna order a kit and install them in either case :)

I think I'm gonna see if I can find any other hop ups it doesn't have and just turn it in to a total shelf queen :)

A kid I bash with has one of those, his is brushed. It's soooooooo slow... but never breaks. If I had one, I'd throw my spare castle sct sv3/3800kv combo in it and run it on 3S. I wouldn't mind having one instead of my eJato. Higher ground clearance and stock towers are less prone to breaking.

I don't know if it's worth $200, but if you have fun with it, then it's probably worth it.

Integy in the right spots isn't that bad, but be careful with anything of theirs that is threaded as the threads tend to strip after taking the part off a couple times.

A kid I bash with has one of those, his is brushed. It's soooooooo slow... but never breaks. If I had one, I'd throw my spare castle sct sv3/3800kv combo in it and run it on 3S. I wouldn't mind having one instead of my eJato. Higher ground clearance and stock towers are less prone to breaking.

I don't know if it's worth $200, but if you have fun with it, then it's probably worth it.

Integy in the right spots isn't that bad, but be careful with anything of theirs that is threaded as the threads tend to strip after taking the part off a couple times.
I just wish Integy used better grade aluminum. I've sheared off a couple of Integy pieces in my time that I've never done with any good brand of aluminum parts. I clipped a car tire once on my Rustler. RPM a-arm survived. Integy bulkhead? Sheared the side right off of it.
SDC13885.JPG

That being said i was thinking of just adding to the hop ups that are already on it and just making it a shelf queen. I already ordered the Monster Jam tires and Big foot lid for it. I figured half the hop ups alone that are on it cost most than $200 so I thought it was a pretty good deal considering what it would cost to replicate this. 🤷‍♂️

What tranny you got? I got the same chassis. Been debating the bulkhead and tranny in aluminum.
Its from Integy. I've not used this yet but just going by looks I like the Hot Racing one I have in my Rusty better

Its from Integy. I've not used this yet but just going by looks I like the Hot Racing one I have in my Rusty better
I think thats the only intgy part I've heard good on aluminum wise, besides the negative comments where the arms go. I didnt know hot racing offered one.

I've been looking at rem flm and strc. I chose them because I'm almost certain cast aluminum doesn't cool like quality billet machined. Also cast has air gaps. Thats why alot of integy parts fail.

Racers edge machine
Fast lane machine
St racing concepts is the full names.

I think thats the only intgy part I've heard good on aluminum wise, besides the negative comments where the arms go. I didnt know hot racing offered one.

I've been looking at rem flm and strc. I chose them because I'm almost certain cast aluminum doesn't cool like quality billet machined. Also cast has air gaps. Thats why alot of integy parts fail.

Racers edge machine
Fast lane machine
St racing concepts is the full names.
Yeah I hate Integy for the most part. Generally I wont buy anything that isnt either 6061-T6 or 7075 aluminum. This is going to be a Bigfoot shelf queen tho so IDC if it has integy parts on it. :)

I know alot of people back in the day liked the Integy tranny cuz you could mount the Castle 1515 in it but I bought the hot racing one instead and just dremeled out the motor adjustment slot to get some extra clearance for the 1:1 gearing I was running in my high speed Rusty.

A good mod for the stampede:
https://forums.traxxas.com/discussion/507034/the-5-chassis-extension-pics-redo/p1

He has a new method with a rear shock tower part. Those allow maxx/revo 2.5 bodies. Flm has an aluminum chassis also. Both 2.5 and 3.3 wheelbase. That allows a thicker body and gives the truck stability. Back around 2007 I ran silverado hd and 08 f250 proline bodies. Lots of flips and lid skids compared to traxxas bodies.

A good mod for the stampede:
https://forums.traxxas.com/discussion/507034/the-5-chassis-extension-pics-redo/p1

He has a new method with a rear shock tower part. Those allow maxx/revo 2.5 bodies. Flm has an aluminum chassis also. Both 2.5 and 3.3 wheelbase. That allows a thicker body and gives the truck stability. Back around 2007 I ran silverado hd and 08 f250 proline bodies. Lots of flips and lid skids compared to traxxas bodies.
I'll have to check it out. Thanks

No problem. Enjoy your new truck.

So heres what i ended up doing to this blinged out Pede. Next I want a Grave digger or a Son of Digger!

20210627_205050.jpg
20210627_205042.jpg
20210627_205101.jpg

and you guys thought I was crazy... Ok you were actually right, I am :p

Back