Hobby Shooting with Police Officer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoME

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Guys,

a very good friend of mine (PO) recently purchased a firearm and invited me to shoot it with him. Being somewhat experienced with Smith & Wesson Handguns this thing tops my list of shot weapons.

A 500 Revolver, it tops every experience I ever had, from 3 and 457's to 45's and all the Rugers I've had the pleasure to shoot. I do not share S& W obligatory large & dangerous animal weapon pun's, quite frankly I hate to see out of staters drive around with Maines best animal on the back of a pickup, short, I hate hunting and hunters.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...d=10001&productId=14778&langId=-1&isFirearm=Y

After your first shot, every shot is a direct bull, because the hardwood& lead target behind it is "gone". This thing is a show & man- stopper at best!
If you see the bullet and the hole it comes out of, you are reminded of some bad movies. I was expecting quite a bang so I held it somewhat overtight but was surprised at how calm this weapon is. My wife would never accept anything like this in our house, and unless you have a good range to shoot it, it would be a waste to have and just for show, it's too expensive...

My friend said as a PO you see way too many people with handguns in thier cars, but this thing is something he seriously does not want the regular Jon Doe to own. If you have any passion for a ka-boom cannon try to find someone who owns one legally and give it a few rounds... a noisy bugger but wohoo!

:eek:)
REVOME

Ever since S&W released this thing, I have wanted one. It will most likely be the first handgun I will buy when I turn 21. I have shot a couple, and all were very nice. The weight of the gun kind of counter acts the kick. Not as harsh as most would think.

I shoot with an officer of the law every time I go out....Oh yea thats me! WHile I have not shot the firearm you are talking about, I have shot quite a few and would love to try one.

Shooting is a good way to relive stress. I've been shooting alot of skeet lately just because shooting paper targets gets boring. As my scores inprove I get more and more addicted.

I've been doing a little shooting myself....now in about 8 more months there will be an addition to my family....lol

I plan on starting my gun collection soon. I have a Remington 11-87 12ga, Marlin 30-30, and currently waiting my 10 days for a Marlin 17hmr 917vst. Starting small and working my way up. I will one day have every caliber legal in CA, heh. That is, if I stay here.

I've been doing a little shooting myself....now in about 8 more months there will be an addition to my family....lol

ROFL, Thanks!
:thumbup:

looks cool. I'm glad you dont like hunting as i see no point in it. There is loads of things to shoot (clay pidgeons, wood etc etc) so why shoot animals?

looks cool. I'm glad you dont like hunting as i see no point in it. There is loads of things to shoot (clay pidgeons, wood etc etc) so why shoot animals?

Hopefully you are a vegetarian when you say that. Some people like the taste of other meat (enter comment here).

I myself have been eyein one of these bad boy's, downside is being my age i can't own any firearm. But i still enjoy trying to coex and cover my dad when the wife get's pissed about a new gun. Largest I've ever shot was a .308 and that get's me every time.

I myself enjoy the thought of hunting and watching. I just don't understand how it can be a issue since a good majority of the world eat's meat. but hey ya know that's just my opinion, let's not start a flame war because of differnces.

I myself have been eyein one of these bad boy's, downside is being my age i can't own any firearm. But i still enjoy trying to coex and cover my dad when the wife get's pissed about a new gun. Largest I've ever shot was a .308 and that get's me every time.

I myself enjoy the thought of hunting and watching. I just don't understand how it can be a issue since a good majority of the world eat's meat. but hey ya know that's just my opinion, let's not start a flame war because of differnces.

The post was intended to be about the gun, aparently NOT about hunting. This may only be my opinion, but with our strongly "unhuman" world we don't really really need to kill animals to eat anymore, do we?. From what I see up here in Maine, I can testify that 95% of hunting (in our state) is done for the simple purpose of feeling "powerful" in a otherwise totally senseless and powerless life.
Some call it a sport, IMO it's a sick development of the human brain, to justify owning a gun. I've seen 8 year olds shoot Revolvers...all under the umbrella of "hunting"
Once you can't walk over your own 80 acre property, because there may be a crazy nut running around, trying to identify supper, it becomes anoying.
So you post it, and start hunting the hunters, if neccessary.

Last edited:
not that I care but what did i ever do to you? ;)

Good point ;o)
I could have chosen my words a little better, by stating that I hate hunters and hunting in my backyard. I may want to select better words with realizing that I'm surrounded by a lot of them, afterall they could declare it an accident...

Hope it's fixed now.
vbgagnon, how far is madawaska from portland, and is there an airport closeby?

Last edited:
Back