HMMM help please just a little problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj_doogle

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have my T-maxx and whe n i start it up the spurgear spins aswell...what could it be i was thinking maby my engine is idling too fast, the clutch shoes need replacing( there in decent condition thow) or is it something to do with the slipper clutch?(i dont even understand the point in the slipper clutch, well i dont understand the point) thanks in advance

if your spur is spinning, then the clutch isnt working correctly.

either your idle is to high, or you are missing the spring on the clutch. maybe the bearings are bad in the clutch bell. or binding somewhere.

i expect its the idle because when i pull the break nd loosen the idle screw it revs slower but then cuts out... any ideas y?

Check each aspect of what you suspect it is. I would check your clutch shoes and springs first then adjust your idle. I think the slipper should be fine, but you may want to give it a check. A slipper clutch is sort of like a servo saver on the steering. It protects your engine from harm or overheating when there is resistance through the drivetrain.

it sounds like you set the idle with the radio.. you need to turn the throttle trim knob on the radio (if its a stock one) until the carb closes as far as it will go. then use the idle screw (on the carb, under the air filter neck) to open it back up enough so it stays running.

ok thanks mate will dooooo :D

The slipper clutch "slips" when there is too much resistance on the drive train and prevents harm to things like the engine and drivetrain.