Hi-Tech HS-925MG sucks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This servo blows or at least the one I has does. I had it in my on-road (just replaced it with a Futaba 9451). The servo would work, then all the sudden decide not to work, it would almost always work when the engine was shut off, but when you fired up the engine it would work, then it wouldn't then it would, very dangerous stuff. This is just another long line of problems I have had with Hi-tech. I am not slamming them I guess I just have real bad luck. The car was never crashed or mistreated. Granted I don't know what was done to the servo as I got it used thing is I just have problem after problem with their servos. btw I tried it in multiple reicievers with the same problem it was the servo.

Same here I have at least one in all my cars( thats a lot of servos)and the only time I had a problem was when I put it in the receiver wrong

I have that same servo in my Mugen and works great.

I have has had problems with Hitec aswell. It was the HS-645MG servo and it didn't work at all so I returned it and the new one i got works fine.

I think HB sucks. He breaks everything he touches and then sounds off like the part is to blame.

Just kidding. =devil

I have not had any problems with any of my HiTec servos. Of course, I run the digital variety and perhaps they have a little better quality control...but who's to say.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the HiTec servos.

It was a digital servo Sky. My problem is I own JR's and Futaba's and none break. I hear lots of success stories from Hitec, I have some of their servos that work FLAWLESS. My point is where ever I go, whoever I talk to seems to have alike experiences with Hitech if you own enough of their servos. So I think design and technology are good, but I think Q/A is where the problem is. I hope you all can look past this as the typical " I had a bad experiecnce so X company sucks" that is not my intention. The more I hear of their problems the it angers me. EVERY company has bad products, no one is exempt in that regards it just seems like all their products boast better specs, for a cheaper price, and then I have problem after problem. I just wish their stuff would work right for me period. I for one have be bite in the arse to many times by Hitec and my gambling with them is over.

So you burnt up a HiTec HS-5925MG vice the straight variety HS-925MG?

That is a bummer, and I was only poking fun. Everytime someone has a problem with X company, they think the worst. But you are right, I am hearing more and more bad things about HiTec everywhere I turn on this site. Seems I am in the minority, or the servos I bought almost two years ago are made of stronger stuff than the newer ones. I don't know.

I AM glad that you have found a servo or set of servos you are happy with. If mine ever crap out, I may go with your recommendations. Nothing like someone who has broken enough stuff to find something "break-proof". Actually, that is one of the reasons I bash with EP...he always breaks poop. If it can stand up to his abuse, I figure it is worth putting money on.:D

I know you were just messing with me, but it showed me my thread looked like all the the other "company X sucks cuase I am newbie" and that is not how I wanted it to come across. I totally think HiTec has a quality assurance problem. Do they have different factories or does it all come out of the same shop? Just wondering if some servos made at different places have different quality. To put that into perspective if you know about bicycles then you must have heard of Mongoose. One of the BEST companies in bikes, well I don't know where they got the idea but the setup a factory over sea's ( I want to say Korea but I am not sure) and they start producing bikes for Walmart. Well the bikes quality sucked and it showed. All that did was tarnish the great name Mongoose had made for themselves over the years with great quality and innovative design. I am just curious did the same thing happen here with HiTech? What gives where they can make a badass servo that never dies and then right along side it make a servo that never works right from day one?

Ahhhh...quit yer whining!

LOL...great points and great questions. I may have to look into both and get back to you. But then again, I'm not the one with the busted servo problem.

When I get some time tonight, I'll see what I can dig up.

As for Mongoose, great bikes. I had one when I was younger.

Back