Hi Mrs. Xraycer, can Xraycer come out and play?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
@Xraycer Dude, you've been awfully scarce lately, have you been hanging out with buddies from another hobby? :eek: have you forsaken us? Did the missus lock you in the basement? Knock three times if yes and we will send a rescue team! This is a health and welfare check.

I've been very distracted lately. I've recently rekindled my interest in shooting. Now, I've been bitten by the airsoft bug.......hard!
I had no idea of how high the quality of many of these high end "toys" goes. These things are super fun and super cheap to shoot as opposed to how much firearms ammo cost nowadays. Then there's the stupid fun of legally being able to shoot full auto right in your own backyard.
0407221530.jpg

This is airsoft, so it only goes pew pew😉

I got this full metal blow back a couple of days ago
G&G-GAS-GPM-PRN-SBB-ECM-2.jpg

I just placed an order on this fully licensed G19 tonight. That butt ugly orange tip will be the first thing to go as soon as I get this baby in my hands.
sfsfdsf.png

Last edited:
This is airsoft, so it only goes pew pew😉

I got this full metal blow back a couple of days agoView attachment 145182

I just placed an order on this fully licensed, full metal G19 tonight. That butt ugly orange tip will be the first thing to go as soon as I get this baby in my hands. View attachment 145183
I know but I don't have my teeth in so I can't make that sound....:p

Don't you dare sent my already strained budget on a wild goose chase, I haven't looked at airsoft in a long time dang you!

How many years does it take for a pellet to degrade? I'm not an environmentalist or anything. But it just seems like all of them should be biodegradable by now, with all the talk about the plastic pollution this generation has created.

How many years does it take for a pellet to degrade? I'm not an environmentalist or anything. But it just seems like all of them should be biodegradable by now, with all the talk about the plastic pollution this generation has created.
Idk

I am really fighting this! If my budget wasn't so strained right now I would probably be dropping one in my cart.

I have and old spring loaded AK47, MP5, and HK pistol. If I had somewhere more convenient to shoot them I think I would have an arsenal.

I am really fighting this! If my budget wasn't so strained right now I would probably be dropping one in my cart.

I have and old spring loaded AK47, MP5, and HK pistol. If I had somewhere more convenient to shoot them I think I would have an arsenal.
That's the beauty of AS, you just don't need much space. Heck, you could set up a pistol range right inside your living space! You just can't do much damage with these things.
Crosman-ASTLG-Auto-Reset-Airsoft-Targets-1024x709.jpg

Here's an idea: put this on a cheap boogie board, float it in the pool, and you've got yourself a moving reactive target system.
Disclaimer: I will deny giving you this idea should Ms. Doom comes a yelling at me.

You forget, I live in the nazi state of California, here in the burbs you can't even shoot a pellet gun in your backyard. I have to go find a secluded field somewhere where nobody can see me to play. I used to do it at the inlaws house, they had 2 acres, but they moved. :(

You forget, I live in the nazi state of California, here in the burbs you can't even shoot a pellet gun in your backyard. I have to go find a secluded field somewhere where nobody can see me to play. I used to do it at the inlaws house, they had 2 acres, but they moved. :(
Is an airsoft and a pellet gun considered the same thing in California? I know they both give you cancer there, but pellet guns and airsoft are mostly considered toys here. Not so much a pellet gun I guess, but when we were kids we had pellet gun wars. We'd set the rules to no more than 2 pumps, but you'd hear 10 pumps before you got shot sometimes lol. But there are kids Breydon's age here running around shooting each other with airsoft guns.

I figured an orange tip, low destructiveness AS would be a non issue on ones own property.
Is an airsoft and a pellet gun considered the same thing in California?
Power wise and destructiveness, AS is no where remotely close in the realm of pelleted airguns. Remember, AS are designed to HIT other human beings playing their simulated war games. Pellet/metal bb airguns are not!
The only issue with AS to the general public, is their realism. Some replicas are so close to the real thing that even a weapons expert would require close inspection to distinguish them apart.

Last edited:
I figured an orange tip, low destructiveness AS would be a non issue on ones own property.

Power wise and destructiveness, AS is no where remotely close in the realm of pelleted airguns. Remember, AS are designed to HIT other human beings playing their simulated war games. Pellet/metal bb airguns are not!
The only issue with AS to the general public, is their realism. Some replicas are so close to the real thing that even a weapons expert would require close inspection to distinguish them apart.
Oh, I know the pellet guns hit harder. Mine will plug a hole through a 1/2" sheet of plywood. At least it used to. It's like 37 years old lol.

I've got a couple of really nice pellet guns too. The problem is, I live in a state run by Karens, where a zero tolerance policy means your kid can be expelled for bringing a picture of a gun to school. :(

Oh, I know the pellet guns hit harder. Mine will plug a hole through a 1/2" sheet of plywood. At least it used to. It's like 37 years old lol.
I know that you're aware, I was just talking in general. I'm sure if the general, anti-gun public realize how powerful airguns truly are, it would be heavily regulated. Most hear airguns and just think of Ralphie's Red Ryder from a Christmas Story. I'm so glad for that!