hey guys its me again

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medsoldier

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
You guys are probably gonna get tired of me posting just gotta a problem I think I was told that to ensure I'm not running my car to lean that when I take it to full throtle I should be able to see a bit of smoke coming from the pipe I see the smoke but I dont know how to gauge if I see too much or notbut when I'm done for the night I got this nasty tarry gunk all over the side of my body naround the exhuast is that normal? How much smoke is too much smoke?

yes that is normal...... There is no such thing as too much smoke (as far as I know) as long as there is no fuel spitting out of your pipe.....

medsoldier,

I generally tell by the sound of the engine. If the High Speed needle is rich, engine will bog down and loose RPM when you open the throttle. Also, if the engines bogs down as soon as you hit the throttle, it's VERY rich. If the High Speed needle is too lean, the engine will have a very high pitch, the engine will get hot and maybe even stop running all together when you open up the throttle.

Anyway, good luck with your tuning. Also, that gunk on the side of your car is just part of playing with nitro.

-Rob

Yeah I get that gunk on my lids when I run too.

The gunk is what the burnt nitro fuel turns into. Dark brown or black oily residue. Yum yum!

you can get an exhaust deflector (probably at your LHS) that will keep gunk from getting on your car, they look like bendy straws ... they help keep stuff clean

thay can also change the tune of your pipe just ask KK

coool another use for bendy straws lol
:jk:

Originally posted by Supernitro17
you can get an exhaust deflector (probably at your LHS) that will keep gunk from getting on your car, they look like bendy straws ... they help keep stuff clean

Sorry but dont you just hate those? They make your engine sound whiny, like a Ford. Hate em, just fix yourpipe so it faces down like a savage or a MGT, and nothing will get on your precious body.

And some tips for tuning, Is your carb a 2needle or a single needle? If its a single needle, you can adjust it by seeing how it runs. Usually on my RS4 3 I just keep leaning it out until it gets too hot (300º's). Then I richen it about 3 clicks.

For my ruslter, which has 2 needles, I do the same for my rustler as I do for my RS4 3, but for the low speed needle, pinch the fuel tubing while the engine is running, if it takes longer than 3 seconds to shut off, its running too rich. If it takes less than 3, its to lean. Just adjust from there.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Hmmmmm

I guess its a 2 needle but dont know how to adjust them. its a nitro TC3 RTR

Give this guy named Kwong a PM.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Back