hey chubaka look what i got!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
super stoked

20240503_155521.jpg

20240503_155526.jpg

Got a cool cen450 with the force rims and a gooseneck with a trailer
Gotta make it better still
Has open diffs and factory stuff n things
Needs some attention

Last edited:
Very cool, I love it. I've thought about building a rig for hauling and building a trailer then decided it would be for display only because
we don't have events like that around here.

Very cool, I love it. I've thought about building a rig for hauling and building a trailer then decided it would be for display only because
we don't have events like that around here.
now that i have the trailer its just gonna sit till next event lol, large chunk of cash for something to sit on the shelf till then but i like it alot lol

I don't have any room to even display anything big. I need to build a shelf just for my 24s, of course that would fuel my addiction if you follow me. :D

THinking about new motors for the cen
Only motor i have on hand is a second fusion pro
Should i throw it in the cen? Or throw it in my sons basecamp...... decisions decisions...... @Chubaka my dual wheel hero. What would your expert opinion be? I've never seen anyone drive theirs like you. Except me lol everyone else seems to baby theirs. I dig it i baby it too
BUUUT... I WANT IT TO PUL WITHOUT BOGGING DOWN OR SLOWING oops sorry for yelling i got excited lol
S the fusion a good choice for the cen or should i go with more of a puller motor like a holmes hobbies motor?

20240506_094724.jpg

I don't have any room to even display anything big. I need to build a shelf just for my 24s, of course that would fuel my addiction if you follow me. :D
I'm already out o0f room and wifes getting salty about my clutter of rc lol i am going to have to get myself a shed this year. but then shes gonna be salty I'm always in the shed..... lose lose situation.

I'm already out o0f room and wifes getting salty about my clutter of rc lol i am going to have to get myself a shed this year. but then shes gonna be salty I'm always in the shed..... lose lose situation.
Build her a crawler 😉

THinking about new motors for the cen
Only motor i have on hand is a second fusion pro
Should i throw it in the cen? Or throw it in my sons basecamp...... decisions decisions...... @Chubaka my dual wheel hero. What would your expert opinion be? I've never seen anyone drive theirs like you. Except me lol everyone else seems to baby theirs. I dig it i baby it too
BUUUT... I WANT IT TO PUL WITHOUT BOGGING DOWN OR SLOWING oops sorry for yelling i got excited lol
S the fusion a good choice for the cen or should i go with more of a puller motor like a holmes hobbies motor?

View attachment 189353
Congrats! That should work. I went with the castle copperhead 10 and paired it with their 2850kv I believe.

I geared it up so I cab do donuts here and there. If you weren't pulling heavy loads you cab do the tranny gear flop for more speed.

No bogging you will want a sensorded setup. Mine is currently in the shop. I loss power. It drives on its own but I can't spin or lockup the rear wheels. And my axle pops out. So until I fix it I'm back in my axial jeep.

My suggestion to you........ pull the diff covers and grease it up.

You might want to chain your trailer and load before the 1/10 scale dot pull you over. 😁🫠

You may want to add a glitch buster. I installed fog lights and they would dim and black out while steering. It's said the factory rebadged savox is on a power trip.

I never drove mine with the factory motor, esc, and radio. I went fsgt5 right away. Unfortunately that receiver won't fit with the lid on the receiver box.

I am jealous of your spikes. I almost got blue but the silver was cheaper and my f250 go yo is pearl white.

Last edited:
Cleaned it up a little bit made her presentable
So I'm looking at
Locking the diffs
Amd i know i just KNOW I'm going to tear the transmission up so ima need another
Been watching videos on building one

20240506_171845.jpg

20240506_171855.jpg

20240506_171926.jpg

20240506_171937.jpg

20240506_171947.jpg

20240506_171954.jpg

20240506_172004.jpg

20240506_172017.jpg

20240506_183530.jpg

20240506_183553.jpg

If you're not going to crawl with it, I'd maybe skip the locked diffs. Just slap some super heavy diff fluid in there. Chewy had probs with his doing that. But he drives like a Wookie chasing a Storm Trooper around a donut 😆

My reasoning for this is the dual rear tires. That puts a TON of stress on those skinny axle shafts when going around corners, which you will do a lot of hauling your trailer around. Hell, crawling with it locked, it will probably be even worse on the axles. Just too much tire back there for that in my opinion. With locked diffs, the tires have to slip, or axles snap. It's why full on drag cars take big sweeping curves when exiting the drag strip after a run. With all that fat tire traction, VHT on the track, and lockers... they can't turn without fear of twisting even the high end race axles 😉

thats a very interesting thing to think about. i was warned by my neighbor (he had a cen as well but his was a monster lol) he said he broke axles left and right, i was considering the ear plug method to give it like a slipping positrack style diff?
i dont plan on crawling per sae, but i will be towin gthings thru grass, top speed isnt as important to me as just being able to haul the load i apply to it. I'm guessing an average of say 50 lbs. consistantly without overrly stressing anything. so i can leave myself some cushion room for reckless driving hopefully. i mean i was being careful but sometimes it was just hard NOT to gun it and tear down the road hauling the trailer lol

thats a very interesting thing to think about. i was warned by my neighbor (he had a cen as well but his was a monster lol) he said he broke axles left and right, i was considering the ear plug method to give it like a slipping positrack style diff?
Even the ear plugs will eventually reach a point where your gears are locked.

oooooooooo
this just put almost all other plans out the window.
i almost decided on a new motor for her.
as is stock is able to pull me in a wheelchair somewhat.
it pulls on flat asphalt.
What do I do to the axles? I've been warned I'm going to break them
I accept this as I'm rough on my rigs.
Should I order a set of metal axles for her and lock the diffs?
Should I lock the diffs on these stock axles?
I'm leaning towards the "slipping positrack" method of silicone earplugs in them?
I'm looking for torque and pulling power over speed
Really about to pull the trigger on a
HOBBYWING

XERUN AXE 540L R2 System for Rock Crawler (COMBO)

$229.99 USD
$281.00 USD
Combo Option: AXE 540L-1400KV-R2 FOC System
AXE 540L-1400KV-R2 FOC SYSTEM
It looks like it's going to do what I want and then some.
Again tho with this added power
What about my Trans and axles?
Looking at also swapping the tires
But that's AFTER the motor
As 6 tires are gonna be pricey even if I get cheap set
And considering the effort involved in swapping cen tires out I figure I shouldn't skimp on them so going to wait till I can find a good deal on a nice set
Deadlocks for the cen are INSANELY price!
O.h haven't found a set for under 180 fml lol

That's awesome.

If you are going to stick to dirt, and not do donuts like Chewy does, you might be ok with locked rear diff. I don't know that I'd do the front. Chewy would know a lot better than I do though.

Back