i got an scx24!! YEET

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. Looks ok in that pic. Those black chunks are weird though.

What’s the other side of the cover look like? Could just be debris for manufacturing…orange stuff maybe a vibration dampner between the chip and the cover? Black stuff maybe from the case 🤷‍♂️

Don’t tighten down the diff covers too much, they will cause binding.
nothing is extreme tight, super scared about stripping one of these screws out

What’s the other side of the cover look like? Could just be debris for manufacturing…orange stuff maybe a vibration dampner between the chip and the cover? Black stuff maybe from the case 🤷‍♂️
I dunno. Looks ok in that pic. Those black chunks are weird though.
so the black was simply plastic from the case, it all blew away with a good blast

Got some stuff in today gonna put it in tonight
Fingers crossed

20240417_163343.jpg

I don’t know if it’s been asked, but what are you using to charge the battery? Is it just the usb charger that came with it? Battery looks swelled up in the pics, you sure it’s just not a bad battery?

Edit to add: I’m new to this as I think I remember you are too, but do you know the actual battery voltage? Doesn’t the esc just kill the throttle when battery voltage too low?

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s been asked, but what are you using to charge the battery? Is it just the usb charger that came with it? Battery looks swelled up in the pics, you sure it’s just not a bad battery?
i charge it using an amazon charger, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L7VCBXG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details it works fine for others, 2-3s rated alegedly. battery has been drained complettely a few times,but i let it set for a day, then it takes a charge again, the battery tester shows it is at 99%
my front worm gear was gunked up, i cleaned it and the other gear, greased them and now they turn much smoother. but still flashing esc. when my buddy gets back to town ill borrow his battery and see if i have same issue tho. all of the rest of internet seems to want me to think its a battery issue as well. i wish it were that simple.

Yeah that doesn’t look good.
I now remember my first battery with the scx24, it did go bad, I either left it plugged in to the esc and it drained too far somehow like a parasitic draw or, I ran it to low volt cutoff and left it for awhile, or the battery just sucked to begin with. It was my first RC, I didn’t know all the tricks yet, like resurrecting batteries with the nimh charge.