Here's a little something for you Traxxas guys...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
http://traxxas.com/products/models/nitro/44054nitroslash

Nitro Slash®
Hard-Charging 50+mph
Pro 2WD Short Course Performance!

Authentic Pro 2WD Action in a Nitro Powered Short-Course Race Truck
Officially licensed Racing Replica bodies and tires
50+mph!
TRX® 3.3 Racing Engine
TQ 2.4GHz Radio System

Proven Slash performance. Legendary TRX-3.3 Power! As only Traxxas can, heavyweight horsepower is combined with a lightweight 2WD chassis to deliver astounding performance and over-the-top fun. The award-winning TRX-3.3 engine gives the Nitro Slash tire-melting thrust that is far more than any driver needs--and exactly what every driver wants. It takes Traxxas-Tough durability and a stout drivetrain to handle the TRX-3.3’s outrageous output. Nitro Slash delivers with proven components that have made the Slash the standard for durability, and fun. The extra large capacity of the 150cc fuel tank keeps the action running longer between fill ups and the exclusive EZ-Start electric starting system makes starting as easy as pressing a button.

I'm liking it, I wonder what kind of bodies will work. I like my Rustler, but the XL fuel tank on this is nice, so is the extended chassis.

I'm liking it, I wonder what kind of bodies will work. I like my Rustler, but the XL fuel tank on this is nice, so is the extended chassis.

Pretty much any 1/10 short course body will work.

Pretty much any 1/10 short course body will work.

Yeah, I know that, I'm thinking other than SC. I like my Trenchers and Dirt Hawgs, but I'm pretty sure they'll rub like crazy. I like the ability to do back flips and being as its 2wd, you really need the wider tires.
Looks like they're also opting to NOT use hex head screws :angry:

Well, the pics showed Philips screws but their info says they'll use hexes. I also read that they've strengthened the transmission, it now has a steel idler gear.

Well, the pics showed Philips screws but their info says they'll use hexes. I also read that they've strengthened the transmission, it now has a steel idler gear.

It'll use a 12mm hex for mounting the wheels, which is standard for short course trucks. The difference will be the fastener. The SC10 uses a cap screw, the Losi/TLRs use a hex nut, Kyosho uses a clip.

Oh sweet, about time they make a slow SC truck.....

:D

If they make a 4wd version... I'm in! LOL

I already have a jato with 1/8 buggy tires/wheels on it... would be cool if it was 4wd like the MT2.

It'll use a 12mm hex for mounting the wheels, which is standard for short course trucks. The difference will be the fastener. The SC10 uses a cap screw, the Losi/TLRs use a hex nut, Kyosho uses a clip.

I was talking about the hardware, the pics show philips head screws and that made me think they were using those (like they do on the Rustler), but there description says they'll be using hex head screws.

---------- Post added at 9:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:46 PM ----------

Maybe this'll open the door for a 3.3 Rustler, stretch the body a little and be done with it.

Where I run 4x4 are king because the track is so loose ;o) I do like the idea it almost brings me back to the days when Traxxas came out with the 2wd SportMAXX. Great Idea but may not hold up over time. It sold but they discontinued it after a few years. They started sales in about 2003 and ended the product line in 2009 with the SMAXX 3.3.

Nitros with 2 Wheel drive on dirt is still left to the stadium trucks like the AE TEAM GT2. Short course well it will sell for a while but once the buyers see a 4x4 Slayer run and handle on the dirt it may also fall to the archives of products that were tested.

Put this much power on tires not very wide into even a high grip track it will be too much for many to handle. But will be interesting because it does have a wide wheel base and might handle better than a stadium truck. I have not really taken a deep look into the product but are the going to use the Revo/Slayer suspension? If they do it might have a chance but on Slash style suspension it is like comparing the Revo to the TMaxx.

If you also remember the Jato came out at first as a 2 wheel drive stadium truck for dirt tracks. Now they sell it as onroad. Guys I knew that bought a first gen Jato were breaking parts all the time running on dirt.

Last edited:
Yeah, kind of looks like a repurposed rustler for the most part. I don't see a way to do 4wd without some serious rebuilding.

44054-Nitro-Slash-Top-Chassis-grayed-wheels.jpg

It will be more fun to beat the snot out of, dont think i would be worth DOO DOO on the track.

It will be more fun to beat the snot out of, dont think i would be worth DOO DOO on the track.

After looking at the design my AE Team Kit O.S .18 OZ stadium truck will smoke it ;) My Tires are wider and have the about the Same horse power and I can gear mine up to that speed. The wider stance only means it will handle more corner but with less tires my GT2 will probably take it with the right tires for the track.

I think the $400 price tag is a little high....but it is Traxxas, so it's normal to be a little overpriced.

This time next year it will be 1/2 that :D

Another thing about this, why release it AFTER Christmas? A lot of companies did that last year also.

No one really wants a plastic pipe any more. When I had this same pipe installed way back in 1999 I melted the insides and removed the second stage in it. then installed an aluminum pipe on my Tmaxx. Traxxas needs to never use a plastic pipe again ;o)

Yeah, kind of looks like a repurposed rustler for the most part. I don't see a way to do 4wd without some serious rebuilding.

44054-Nitro-Slash-Top-Chassis-grayed-wheels.jpg

I bet before the summer they have a 4 wheel drive model out. That is usually how they all do it.... start with the 2wd and move into the 4wd. Traxxas did it with the slash and associated with the SC10. Its just a matter of time. I just wish Traxxas would get away from the slider style plastic shafts... for what you pay you should get CVD's.

Back