Help with wheels & tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I picked up these wheels at my LHS for cheap and thought that I would put some nice street T-maxx tires on them. They are a 3.8" with a 17mm hole. I don't know what the bead style is and I need some advice on what tires I should go with. Just looking for street tires for these wheels. Already have Pro-line Trenchers on some other rims.

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thxs!

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/...1-4DE9-45AB-90AB-2032AE5691A1_zpsg8djkmfb.jpg

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/...7-CAB2-4AB6-BA0F-A6E0A3939A76_zps2ytdhgdj.jpg

Those are JConcepts HalfUps, measure the bead area, those are most likely 3.7 LPR(low profile race) rims with the old 3.2 type bead.

You can stretch 3.2 maxx size tires onto them.

Thxs for the info guys.

If i can't ge some old t-maxx tires on these, I will look into those Pro Line road rage tires

JConcepts has some 83mm tires that are pretty good too.

Oh, BTW. .. banditos use a traxxas style bead. I ordered some for my 23mm hex truggy wheels but they were too wide.

Was also wondering about these Panther paddle tires I have. They have a 3 1/8" diameter and a 3 3/4" width. I need 17mm hex wheels for them and I'm not sure where to go?
Don't know a lot about tires/wheels setups yet.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 178
^^Thanks a ton for the links.^^

I will order a set today.

Cheers!

Literally just placed an order for those!

Looking forward to tearing up the dunes with my paddles. :)

Thanks again for the links Nitro4910.
Got the Revolvers last night and mounted the paddles today. They fit perfectly and look great! can't wait to test them out in the sand/snow.
4973a467-63a5-47f8-a386-9dbe0ca2c20c_zpsivpspi5o.jpg

Your probably going to want to put some vent holes in the tires if your running in snow. Without vents in the actual tires, the snow/water will get in them and make them horribly out of balance. With holes in the center of the tires, when the wheels get up to speed, the water is flung out.

Your probably going to want to put some vent holes in the tires if your running in snow. Without vents in the actual tires, the snow/water will get in them and make them horribly out of balance. With holes in the center of the tires, when the wheels get up to speed, the water is flung out.

Thats some good advice. Thanks!

I didnt think about the foam getting wet...

I run in wet grass and usually run in snow quite a bit. It's amazing how badly a way off balance tire makes things. Robs power severely and is just generally hard on the suspension/vehicle once you get up to RPM's. A couple holes drilled gently with a 1/8" bit or a bit smaller in the dremel to burn a hole in the center of the tires at 12 and 6 give the water a way out once you get up to speed. You will see the spray coming out of the tires. Don't hold on to the vehicle in the air and rev it... will make a mess out of your clothes!

Will most definitely be doing this. Don't want to have any loss of power!

You think I will be ok running just paddles in the rear and run some less aggressive comparable sized tire up front?
BD847816-237E-4FCB-A5C0-5A26072A85D2_zps8nro3cjy.jpg

In snow, you'd probably be ok, but really, paddles on the front will help keep the front from digging in, so having them on all 4 would probably work best.