Need help with old Bullet MT Flux, no throttle but have steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twaruk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello
So about 8 years ago I got this HPI Racing Bullet MT Flux car. Had some fun with it but then it became boring. It was lying in a box for a couple of years because it was broken. I used it less than 20 times (same as 20 hours) so I thought maybe I can sell it now. I fixed it but when I was testing if everything is fine, I noticed something. Sometimes when I throttle, it loses some power and you have to let the trigger go and pull it again to get the full speed again but soon after it stops anyways. It's still on, I can steer left or right but it doesn't react to pulling the trigger. When I turn it off and on everything is back to normal. Today I got a little angry and I tried pressing the button next to switch. I'm not sure what I have done but I think I was holding it for a few seconds and now every time I turn it on, it keeps beeping and flashing green light twice every second. And also I can turn but I can't throttle. I have no instruction for it and I can't find anything on the internet. I found a guy who says that holding the button just resets it to defaults but in his video it wasn't beeping all the time after it. So what can be the cause of the first problem and how can I stop this annoying beeping and make it move again? Transmitter I'm using is TF-11. By the way, how much is the car + transmitter worth now more or less?
Also the LiPo battery is 8 years old too and it was plugged in all the time. Is it still safe to use it or I shouldn't sell it with the car? First I need to fix it anyways... And sorry for all the mistakes but I'm still learning English.

Welcome in! The LiPo is probably long dead by now, buy a new one as that one isn't safe to use and while you're at it, buy a modern charger if you don't already have one. Also, it's probably at low voltage cutoff. And, leaving a LiPo plugged in will slowly drain and kill it.

Last edited:
Okay I think I solved it. So the beeping probably means low battery because when I charged it and plugged in, everything was fine. And as you said, car was turning of because of low voltage cutoff. I just wasn't expecting that because I had no idea that this battery is at that bad condition now. I'm leaving it here just in case someone would have the same stupid problem with such a simple reason and solution.

a lipo plugged in to a car for 8 years is going to be dead. replace battery we dont leave lipos plugged into anything . its plug in a run then unplug put in storage mode recharge to use within 24 hours.

Back