Help with foam plane model

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nsanti

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I just bought a foam plane model and am having trouble finding glue that won’t melt the foam. The only thing I’ve found is silicone, which seems to make the parts separate unless pressure is applied. the next step is to glue the plastic motor housings to the foam. Can anyone recommend a glue good for this readily available at a hardware store? the silicone is really a pain to work with.

I just bought a foam plane model and am having trouble finding glue that won’t melt the foam. The only thing I’ve found is silicone, which seems to make the parts separate unless pressure is applied. the next step is to glue the plastic motor housings to the foam. Can anyone recommend a glue good for this readily available at a hardware store? the silicone is really a pain to work with.

In my foamy days ,I used 5 & 30 min apoxy that you can get at Walmart or hardware store ,an believe me ,you will need
it on the parts that break on crashes ,clear packing tape is good to wrap wings ,it make the wing more stronger!

Why use glue when you can TAPE?!?!

Foamies is not new to the RC world ,folks also had nitro fueled engine planes like the Cox Ez Bee ,my friend had that an wrapped
his in clear tape ,not only did it add strength to the wings ,it also made the foam more fuel proof!

The tape wasn't used to tape parts together ,it was used to add durability to the plane!

Foamies is not new to the RC world ,folks also had nitro fueled engine planes like the Cox Ez Bee ,my friend had that an wrapped
his in clear tape ,not only did it add strength to the wings ,it also made the foam more fuel proof!

The tape wasn't used to tape parts together ,it was used to add durability to the plane!
Then put glue on the sticky side of the tape ;)

way back when.. used 2 part epoxy and plain old white glue. woodworking yellow glue works and it is surprisingly strong.

Use hot glue. I have a cheap $2 (or so) hot glue gun and it works great.

I'm a total newb to flying and have suffered quite a few crashes, some very significant. Back in Feb, I nose dived, full speed into the ground and ended up breaking my 1.1 Aeroscout fuselage into 5 pieces. I got it all back together and flying again using hot glue and E6000 glue. Last month I did the same thing to my FMS Ranger 800. It's back together, but I haven't had the chance to try to fly it. If the wind conditions are good this weekend, I'll see how well my rehab is.

I've had quite a few that were glued back together, whenever possible, I line up the breaks, and insert wooden shish kabob skewers for added strength before re- gluing. It really helps the joins from becoming weak from stress and separating again.

I got a Cox EZ Bee for Christmas one year. Dad's famous last words, "I've got a pilot's license in my butt pocket that says I can fly this thing." A little while later we picked up the pieces and went home. I used toothpicks and white glue with clear packing tape covering the outside. Now I use foam safe CA and clear packing tape.

Back