Help with clutch shoe & clutch bell recomendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugenseiki

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Well I'm getting back into the hobby & need a new clutch bell & shoes. I currently have the one from my Ansmann engine on my RB, the shoes are about 3 years old now & I'm not going to lie are poop.

So I'm turning to you the forum members to recommend me some good ones, the same with the clutch bell.

Cheers,

Alex.

What vehicle are you running? If 1/8 why not go with one of the big three (M2C, Buku, Werks). They are all proven setups. I personally like M2C for it's tuning options, but you can't go wrong with any of those three.

Last edited:
Well I'm getting back into the hobby & need a new clutch bell & shoes. I currently have the one from my Ansmann engine on my RB, the shoes are about 3 years old now & I'm not going to lie are poop.

So I'm turning to you the forum members to recommend me some good ones, the same with the clutch bell.

Cheers,

Alex.

You can't beat Buku for performance and ease of maintenance. My clutch bearings last for months and so do the shoes. The clutch spring settings are adjustable through the edge of the flywheel which allows you to tune the clutch so that you get the engagement you want for maximum performance based on the traction available.

I run my settings at (from flush with the flywheel) - position 0 = 1.5 turns in; position 1 = 2.0 turns in; and position 2 = 2.5 turns in.

Lee