HELP: Team Associated sct10 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skurtzicus

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey I bought a team associated sct10(in pieces) because it has a castle creation motor/esc I wanted for another project i'm going to do in the future. But first I want to try and build this thing and get it running and see what its like and how good it is. I'm looking for any tips you could give me on this and I have some pictures if you could tell me what i'm missing or what I would need.

Attachments

• ta1.jpg
    ta1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 103
  • ta2.jpg
    ta2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 74
  • ta3.jpg
    ta3.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 91
  • ta4.jpg
    ta4.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 84
  • ta5.jpg
    ta5.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 81
  • ta6.jpg
    ta6.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 90
  • ta7.jpg
    ta7.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 78
  • ta8.jpg
    ta8.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 70
Looks like its going to be a interesting build. Take your time and have fun with it. It's the only advice I can offer.

Last edited:
Here's some more pics I forgot to post.

Attachments

• taa1.jpg
    taa1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 66
  • taa2.jpg
    taa2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 69
  • taa3.jpg
    taa3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 84
  • taa4.jpg
    taa4.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 81
Sooo.... So far I just testing out the looks and seeing what I have to do. I'll possibly be able to build 2 of them or 1 and a half at least. This is going to be my first time really building something especially with no real instructions to follow. this is going to be some fun!

1st I'm going to clean the parts and put together one of the rc's, then I'm going to organize all the extra parts and see what I can do. feel free to give me any tips or help me a long the way. I'm going to try my best but ill document everything just to keep records.

Attachments

• tac1.jpg
    tac1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 67
  • tac2.jpg
    tac2.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 83
  • tac3.jpg
    tac3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 73
Started sort through everything, separating the roller from all the extra parts. My first job is to take apart the roller and rebuild it so I can see any problems. After that I want to test the electronics that came wit it to see if they work, I'm pretty sure the servo doesn't work but I still want to test the Castle creations sct motor and esc. If the electronics work that's a blessing and this will go a whole lot faster if not then I need all new electronics. If I can do this correctly and to my liking I will probly try and see if I can build the next chassis too as far as I can. I hae been watching videos on YouTube but still can't figure out if I should upgrade it while I build or just leave it stock but tune it to my liking because I heard its good both ways so no need to spend on something that's not broken. I will post more pictures when I finish the front end and come up with my final
tac1.jpg
DSCF0006.JPG
DSCF0007.JPG

I
tac1.jpg

I got a lot more, clear pictures to post too. These ones were ones I already had on my cpu.

Nice rebuild!...:thumbs-up:

If you are going to tear it down completely ,then take plenty of pics of the tear down ,an keep notes on what the parts
are for & where they go ,doing this ,helped me with my 1/5 scale Baja when I tore it apart!
If you have problems ,you can always review you pics & notes ,also ,keep the screws with those parts that you've taken
off with the part!
If you have issues when it goes back together ,you should be able to find an online diagram as well that shows details!

As far as upgrades ,it depends on what your using the truck for ,if it is for racing ,then you don't want heavy aluminum
stuff ,most race products are light weight like titanium stuff ,like tie rods & axels!

Nice rebuild!...:thumbs-up:

If you are going to tear it down completely ,then take plenty of pics of the tear down ,an keep notes on what the parts
are for & where they go ,doing this ,helped me with my 1/5 scale Baja when I tore it apart!
If you have problems ,you can always review you pics & notes ,also ,keep the screws with those parts that you've taken
off with the part!
If you have issues when it goes back together ,you should be able to find an online diagram as well that shows details!

As far as upgrades ,it depends on what your using the truck for ,if it is for racing ,then you don't want heavy aluminum
stuff ,most race products are light weight like titanium stuff ,like tie rods & axels!

Thanks I knew to take pictures but not for that reason so now I got a lot of pictures to take just for reference so thanks for that tip. I want to bash first then find races after. This is my first year in back from leaving the hobby and I want to do a lot of creative stuff I just think I gotta go over some of the basics again and the best way to do so Is build a kit or upgrade your rc. So hopefully I get the knowledge I need to do bigger better projects everythings a process right now.

Sorry for not updating during this quarantine I'm just trying to get as much done as I can In my life right now. So for I took apart everything (except the rear end) , cleaned it and removed the electronics out. Right now the chassis is in 3 pieces. I cleaned it with soap and water then sprayed everything with wd40, I had to use bike grease that I had for all the metal stuff. So far I didn't notice anything broken or out of place the only thing I noticed was a lot of dirt. Actually I did notice something, the front shocks had little to no oil in them.

IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg

Once I was done all of that and i put it back together i started making a list on stuff I know for sure I'm going to need.
-Shock oil
-servo
-reciever and transmitter
-Also to test the electronics i have and see if they work.
sc10 front end.jpg

So now I'm going to work on cleaning the centre chassis and then disassembling the rear end, cleaninig it and rebuilding it like the front end then I can put it together and I should be done with the rebuild and should have a roller with no electronics installed. Then I can start sorting through the extra parts and see if I can make another roller out of it.

Looking good ,figure out the shocks yet?
Those look like some good quality AE shocks ,they may just need more fluid added ,or new seals in them!... :cool:

Looking good ,figure out the shocks yet?
Those look like some good quality AE shocks ,they may just need more fluid added ,or new seals in them!... :cool:

Sorry for the late reply, Yes I figured the shocks out not sure the brand but it did need oil so I put what I had left from my traxxas in, not sure if I might need better but we'll see. I do not plan on running it for now but I got it built back into a roller. More pics coming later. I still have to sort through all those extra parts and see if its enough to build a second roller. It's like a kit build without the manual and maybe a couple missing parts.

Do you have one of these?

Sorry for the late reply, Yes I figured the shocks out not sure the brand but it did need oil so I put what I had left from my traxxas in, not sure if I might need better but we'll see. I do not plan on running it for now but I got it built back into a roller. More pics coming later. I still have to sort through all those extra parts and see if its enough to build a second roller. It's like a kit build without the manual and maybe a couple missing parts.

Do you have one of these?

No ,I have a Slash an the stock shocks on those are junk but Ae always took pride in stuff like that!.....:D

This Is just a quick update full update later on.

So i finally got this thing built into a roller 3 weeks ago. Sorry for the late update its the quarantine messing with me.
My next step is to see how far i can go with the next chassis.

ta1.jpg

Check list and full update later on , I will change the name of this post because I don't really need much help just opinions from here on out.

My only question right now is what shock oil to buy and what electronics should I use? I will go in more detail on my question later.

Attachments

• ta111.jpg
    ta111.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 59
  • ta1111.jpg
    ta1111.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 66
  • ta111111.jpg
    ta111111.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 53
These are the electronics I took out of this build. I want to use the castle creations on my slash but I'm not sure yet I'm gonna wait until I have more combos, so these wil be put aside for now

dscf0006_477c39e07758f0f6aca055efc2d151c7a088fc8c.jpg

dscf0008_78bcfbe7b77e8e40348f53e77ae77352eb66cb3b.jpg

dscf0009_f9fe21d4943ea64dd89d82313e8b1935a4e293f9.jpg

dscf0011_acd4b3a8471c3b8ccfb52a1b058e2a8f01e9998f.jpg

BUiLT Roller, upgrades to come soon. Any recommendations before i start a new Thread for this and the other one I have to build?

ta10_c66501709549bca8a17b4bbcb1e3e6ab59d03df3.jpg

ta1111111_d008623634bfd8ed04a201e3f63409a4511522da.jpg

update coming soon here some pics!

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    358.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF0017.JPG
    DSCF0017.JPG
    315.8 KB · Views: 46
I think you might find this SC10 to be more fun than you Slash.

I think you might find this SC10 to be more fun than you Slash.
what makes you say that? I love my slash. it lasted me so long, breaking my first part last week.

Back