Help removing Chassis brace

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
Well I tried removing the chassis brace on an XXL chassis I have. I already broke 1 driver, and stripped one screw. I tried heating it up. Am I going to have to cut out a spot for a flat head? Or does someone know a better way?

Back when I had an LST the same thing happened to me. Broke a new Losi driver and ended up cutting a slot to remove the screw. Since the screw was so small, I jacked up the brace as well. Looked to me like the screw had red loctite on it from the factory.

alrighty.. well I guess ill have a friend take it to work and use the high temp heat gun on it tomorrow.

We finally got all but one out. I had to slot it then heat it a bit. Finally it came out.

yeah IDK why the red loctite that from the factory....I broke 2 tips getting those off of my LST2. I left my stock one on my XXL since it hasnt broken yet cuz its such a pain.

Sears has a kit as well as home depot that has bits one end is a drill and the other end is this twisted part that locks in in reverse and takes the screw out.

Back