Help me decide

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owenjones1112

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi I am somewhat new to the hobby and am looking for a new basher, I currently have a slash 4x4 vxl and stampede 4x4 brushed, my budget is about 400 at the max preferably lower, thx

nothing wrong with what you have. What type of basher are you looking for? Truck, buggy, car, nitro, 1/10, etc...

nothing wrong with what you have. What type of basher are you looking for? Truck, buggy, car, nitro, 1/10, etc...
Something electric, and will jump nice

for more of just a go crazy basher Arrma Kraton 4S is great, Arrma Outcast 4S will wheelie for miles and backflip off almost anything. Redcat Kaiju seems like a very good option, It is 1/8 and is "only" $399. Oh wait almost forgot the Redcat Shredder. It is 1/6 and $360, and it jumps and lands very well, too. the Shredder would be my personal choice.

for more of just a go crazy basher Arrma Kraton 4S is great, Arrma Outcast 4S will wheelie for miles and backflip off almost anything. Redcat Kaiju seems like a very good option, It is 1/8 and is "only" $399. Oh wait almost forgot the Redcat Shredder. It is 1/6 and $360, and it jumps and lands very well, too. the Shredder would be my personal choice.
The shredder is Linda’s slow tho the redcat landslide will do 45 mph on 4s the shredder only does 35, what do u know about the landslide

However the Traxxas are awesome rigs, I would also check into the 3s series Arrma's. I have the Typhon Mega which is the low man on the totem pole so to speak but I modded it completely and it handles 4s quite well. The Typhon 3s is a great buggy if you dont want to pump a bunch of money into it to handle the 3s Lipo.
Most importantly and I have mentioned this tons of times to new guys, available parts is a must. Research your decision and make sure there is a good supply of parts available because you WILL break it, that's just the nature of the game...

The shredder is Linda’s slow tho the redcat landslide will do 45 mph on 4s the shredder only does 35, what do u know about the landslide
I don’t know about the Landslide, but the Shredder can actually hit 42-43, If that’s enough. But if you really want something faster, go with an Outcast or Keaton 4S. Awesome trucks and super durable.

Back