Help! Hyper Drift King 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPS

RC Newbie
Reaction score
You will probably guess that RC cars are not my speciality from this post, so will get that out in the open right up top!

We bought a car for my son for Christmas and the other half accidentally lost the charger cable. So we have a 5yo with a car he is super excited about and no way to charge it after the initial 20min that the car was powered for in the box. I'm struggling to find a replacement wire (again, please don't judge me for lack of savvy on either the model or inability to source right part!)

It's a Hyper Drift King 2.0 from Smyths. The batteries are 7.4V 1330mAh, but when my husband ordered what he thought was right replacement the connector isn't quite right.

I know everyone here will be interested in discussing far better spec models etc, but if anyone could help it would really mean a lot! I feel like an awful present for getting our son a present he can't currently use and we've even botched the replacement!

Did the instructions have a parts list in the back? If so it might give you a part number you could order with? Just a thought.

Unfortunately not. And it seems like it's a particular connector for the batteries to the car that is the issue finding a replacement.
Did the instructions have a parts list in the back? If so it might give you a part number you could order with? Just a thought.

Hello @CPS I would contact These guys and see if they can send a replacement.
Can you post a close up pic of the battery and the connector?

Tha KS. My husband sent a message asking to buy a replacement Boxing Day and no reply yet, so trying other avenues in the meantime. Tha KS though!
Sorry, meant thanks, poor typing!

https://hypertoys.com/contact/

You beat me to it TP. :)

The charger is an 800mAh USB charger but the connector isnt anything typical of RCs. I've seen that type of connector before but I have no idea what its called. Even if I did youd still have to source the USB portion of it and the solder a new connector on it.

https://hypertoys.com/contact/

You beat me to it TP. :)

The charger is an 800mAh USB charger but the connector isnt anything typical of RCs. I've seen that type of connector before but I have no idea what its called. Even if I did youd still have to source the USB portion of it and the solder a new connector on it.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. Ironically soldering isn't outside of the wheel house for me, but figuring out the parts on this is not my forte. I guessed it would be a nightmare to find after scolling through endless possibilities and finding nothing that matched! Let's hope the company are just off over festive period and we hear back soon. Thank for help though.

Pics of the battery and connector would help. If nothing else, you could swap the connector on the truck and battery to something more common like a Deans, XT30, etc. Then you could by a cheap RC battery charger to charge it.

IMG_20211231_231237807_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211231_231146477_HDR.jpg

These are the connectors

Last edited:
The only bad thing is it will come from China. It will be a few weeks to get it unless you can source another seller. Search for "800mAh 3p 7.4v usb charger".

That 1330 is on the battery right?

Basically, you want a charger with an output at or less than that of the battery. So 800mAh will just charge the battery a little slower than safe to do so. A 1330 mAh charger (if they even make one (highly doubtful)), would charge the battery in approximately 1 hour. The 800 mAh charger will just take a bit more than that.

Last edited:
Back