Help, Hyper 7 tuning issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike630

RC Newbie
Reaction score
haven't played with rc's for a long time and not very knowledgeable of them at all yet

problems
-when I get it running it wants to walk away from me slightly but if I mess with idle in the slightest it will die
-turning radius is only a little more then half of what it was originally
-when I get it running I will lift it up give it throttle a couple time then out of no where it will go full throttle even when I am not touching the remote until I kill the motor
please help. I'm sure this for the most part is just a tuning issue but any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated

haven't played with rc's for a long time and not very knowledgeable of them at all yet

problems
-when I get it running it wants to walk away from me slightly but if I mess with idle in the slightest it will die
-turning radius is only a little more then half of what it was originally
-when I get it running I will lift it up give it throttle a couple time then out of no where it will go full throttle even when I am not touching the remote until I kill the motor
please help. I'm sure this for the most part is just a tuning issue but any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated
1)Try adjusting the idle on the throttle body, or check that you clutch springs aren't gone
2) It sounds like your endpoints need adjusting, or the servo is on it's way out
3) Make sure that the servo is returning to normal, and is not disconnected.

To understand all the basic parts of a nitro rc, here's a great guide that tells you loads of information about how they work:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-rc-beginners-guide.68224/

The tags on this one were quite amusing :)

P.S Next time, post in the "Nitro RC Talk" section of the forum, as the hyper 7 isn't a truggy, it's a buggy :)

thank you very much for the feedback and I will check the link you included.
I just find it strange that servos, endpoints etc. etc. could possibly be out of wack this early in the game. I mean its got a total of maybe 15 minutes of actually run time on it.

thank you very much for the feedback and I will check the link you included.
I just find it strange that servos, endpoints etc. etc. could possibly be out of wack this early in the game. I mean its got a total of maybe 15 minutes of actually run time on it.
Did you break the engine in? Also, it may just be that you've accidentally changed the endpoints :)

break in process was very smooth. how do I change endpoints? haven't really touched the remote at all

break in process was very smooth. how do I change endpoints? haven't really touched the remote at all
Could we have a picture of the car with the body off?, sometimes it's something else :) But to change the endpoints, you alter the set screws on the remote, or buttons- it should say in the manual :)

these are some pictures. the one with the wheels turned shows as far as they go now

here it is

Attachments

• WP_20151021_003.JPG
    WP_20151021_003.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 222
  • WP_20151021_001.JPG
    WP_20151021_001.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 213
  • WP_20151021_006.JPG
    WP_20151021_006.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 226
  • WP_20151021_007.JPG
    WP_20151021_007.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 213
these are some pictures. the one with the wheels turned shows as far as they go now

here it is
Do you get any bubbles in the fuel line? Also, try this:
Go full throttle, does the carb slide go out of view?
When on idle, does the gap widen (Not when revving, obviously)?
When braking, does the slide move AT ALL?

You can't change endpoints unless you have a computer radio.
Other than that, and the FIRST thing you EVER do when you encounter issues like this is to put in brand new Alkaline batteries in both the radio and the car. Save the old ones in case the new ones don't solve the problem.
Once you've checked it out, let us know what happened.

You can't change endpoints unless you have a computer radio.
Other than that, and the FIRST thing you EVER do when you encounter issues like this is to put in brand new Alkaline batteries in both the radio and the car. Save the old ones in case the new ones don't solve the problem.
Once you've checked it out, let us know what happened.
Forgot to mention that. Check that they haven't leaked too.

will check all of this tonight around 10 and will let u know. went to try it last night but for got to charge my ignitor and don't have a back up

there is a small amount of bubbles in my lines every once in a while
when I go full throttle the carb slide goes out of view
did not notice the gap change when at idle
put new batteries in the radio and I now my battery pack Is charged

there is a small amount of bubbles in my lines every once in a while
when I go full throttle the carb slide goes out of view
did not notice the gap change when at idle
put new batteries in the radio and I now my battery pack Is charged
There shouldn't be any bubbles at all...

what does that indicate?
That there is a leak somewhere- check fuel tank, fuel lines, connections and the tightness of fit onto the carb, exhaust and fuel tank nipples. See at what point they start to appear- or even better, try using different fuel lines. :)

double checked, everything is good. the thing is brand new

double checked, everything is good. the thing is brand new
Have you got any fuel filters installed, and are you pushing down on the lid, to make sure it's got a good seal?

stock filters, didn't check the lip (as stupid as that sounds)

ill try running it again in a little bit

Have you got any fuel filters installed, and are you pushing down on the lid, to make sure it's got a good seal?
When you see the bubbles, at what point in the line are you seeing them, before the filter?