Help, Hyper 7 tuning issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
going into the carb
At what point do they start appearing? A picture of video would be useful. These bubbles are bad because every time a bubble passes into the engine, it leans out the fuel air mix- this causes the rpm to increase, meaning you get erratic idling, causing it to walkaway. A video of it running would be useful. :)

That's what happened when I first bought my motor, if it is a new motor you have to get it tuned. Don't play with any screws, you have to run it in like that for 1 litre then take it back to where you got it from so they can tune it

You have to run the car in like that. If your scared the motor might blow just take it back to where you got it from and let them do it

If you haven't found any leaks in you fuel lines from the tank to the carb, then the bubbles could indicate an improper priming procedure. Real quick run me through your steps of priming the fuel system before you've tried to start your truggie.

What I do.
I take a longer piece of new/clean/chemical residue free fuel tubing, and prime with that, All I do is swap out the tubing from the pipe to the tank, then blow into the clean tubing until I see no more bubbles, after I'm primed I just put the used tubing back in place. This is how I primed all my nitro engine before I found this huge plastic syringe that kinda looks like the ones a pharmacist includes with cough syrups for babies, only its fricken huge! I got it at a liquidation store.

Remember to mark the end of your clean contaminate free tubing, I color the end that plugs into the pipe with a black permanent marker, so I don't put that end in my mouth.

Last edited:
If you haven't found any leaks in you fuel lines from the tank to the carb, then the bubbles could indicate an improper priming procedure. Real quick run me through your steps of priming the fuel system before you've tried to start your truggie.

What I do.
I take a longer piece of new/clean/chemical residue free fuel tubing, and prime with that, All I do is swap out the tubing from the pipe to the tank, then blow into the clean tubing until I see no more bubbles, after I'm primed I just put the used tubing back in place. This is how I primed all my nitro engine before I found this huge plastic syringe that kinda looks like the ones a pharmacist includes with cough syrups for babies, only its fricken huge! I got it at a liquidation store.

Remember to mark the end of your clean contaminate free tubing, I color the end that plugs into the pipe with a black permanent marker, so I don't put that end in my mouth.
That's a lot of work... I use these on all my rigs: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFUD3&P=7 They work really well.

I'm the type of guy that tries to simplify the assembly of all my toys, if I can get it done with less parts than everyone else then that's usually my route, even if it means one more tool in the "zombie survival kit" lunch box thats been repurposed into a sort of toolbox.
I do the same but without replacing the fuel lines. I don't get any in my mouth though- It's bloody horrible and can blind you.