Help ASAP battery!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kleinoah427

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I put a castle sidewinder sv3 in my electrix ruckus but I really want a lipo battery I was kinda liking the prices of gensacearespammers but I need one with traxxas conecters and I have no clue what to pick? I want one that will make it go really fast won't burn out my motor and has a long run time :)

Spc OR SMC LiPos. Same quality and price. The higher the MAH the longer run time. 3s will be faster than 2s but 2s should work fine for you. Just make sure to check your motor temps after a while. Make sure you get a LiPo specif balance charger as well.

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

What about how many c's??? And could you please suggest a charger? Fast and cheap would be nice :) thanks

You can only charge as fast as the battery specs say you can. I think it's thunder power has a 12C charge rate lipo.
To charge at 12C your going to need a powerfull charger,
Fast and cheap won't work, as both lipo and charger required for fast charges are both expensive.

Ok but only 12 c some people get up to 65 c 12 is nothing?

That is the charge rate. Not the discharge rate while driving.

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

I wonder if anyone has tried to charge them at 12C, I guess the charger max's out first on most of the packs.
Defintely earn some kudos charging a battery in about 5minutes.

So I was thinking gensacearespammers 10000 mah 25c 2s lipo?

If it fits cool, if you want to charge fast it has 5C max charge rate but recommended is 1-3C. At 3C you'll need a 30Amp charger.
30A icharger, Thunder power, or 40A powerlab. Also a power supply.

Or an inexpensive clone charger that can do atleast 30A. Supplies can be made cheap enough. But the expense is in the chargers, maybe extra balance boards.
Like i say earlier, you can't have fast and cheap.

Most of the "serious" racers I know usually charge their racing packs around 2c. I personally charge at 1c and use multiple packs.

personally I dont run anything under 40C unless its smaller than 1/10th

Back