Hello everyone! I'm planning to buy an Arrma this monday!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jovanyvilla453

RC Newbie
Reaction score
so as the title says i've decided i'll be going with an arrma after reading all the reviews and how well it is for the price and beginner, since i decided my budget was going to be about $600 i didn't realize how much more ide have to buy with the kit, i wasn't able to find a thread listing what were some recommended purchases, what i do know is that upgrading the Controller. As well as getting some spare batteries but i really feel like there should be more i should buy, any other suggestions??

I'm excited for you! still waiting for my first car to come as well. As a side note, I think a charger would be a good purchase.

aww man ☹️ all these parts come out close to $600
i think i'll probably hold off buying an rc for a while then, i assume the initial cost of entry seems to be 1k or more ? probably don't want to go any cheaper than an arrma just because i want my first rig to be somewhat well put but i appreciate all the help guys! hopefully i'll be back with some more funds and i'll definitely give it a try!

You might want to check https://www.arrmaforum.com and make your mind up there. Tons of info about all the arrma trucks.

I have an outcast and to be honest, if I knew then what I know now, I'd have gone with a tekno MT410 instead of the outcast. Similar size, but better parts out of the box. Diffs tend to be my current issue as I've upgraded pretty much everything else.

The tekno line seems more expensive, but by the time you replace the arms, chassis and towers, your neck and neck with a tekno. At least with the outcast vs mt410.

You might want to check https://www.arrmaforum.com and make your mind up there. Tons of info about all the arrma trucks.

I have an outcast and to be honest, if I knew then what I know now, I'd have gone with a tekno MT410 instead of the outcast. Similar size, but better parts out of the box. Diffs tend to be my current issue as I've upgraded pretty much everything else.

The tekno line seems more expensive, but by the time you replace the arms, chassis and towers, your neck and neck with a tekno. At least with the outcast vs mt410.
I agree with you on the diffs, but knowing that I shimmed them and changed the diff oil to 500000 wt before I ran them. I have a kraton 6s a outcast 6s and a fazon 6s; I have not heard that about the sct though

I agree with you on the diffs, but knowing that I shimmed them and changed the diff oil to 500000 wt before I ran them. I have a kraton 6s a outcast 6s and a fazon 6s; I have not heard that about the sct though
Even then, they don't hold up that well, but they do a lot better than out of the box.