Hello - Advice Needed 12v DC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sdcjjohnson

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New to the forum, working on a project and wanted to check with the pros on a snag I've run in to.

I have 2 DC 12v motors that turns wheels I want to connect to a controller system.

The goal is to have each 12v DC motor controlled individually by each stick on the controller. So if I press down on the left stick left tire reverses and if I press down on right stick right tire reverses.

I see a lot of 12v 2.4ghz receivers and transmitters online but nothing that has its own 12v rails individually, seems they all want the 12v motors connected together with one set of ground and power going to the board and if there's a solution out there already with out having to start from scratch that would be awesome.

Any thoughts? Thanks for the help.

I saw a video on youtube from RCSparks where he was setting up 2 esc's in a tank he bought then used channel mixing somehow in his radio to do just that. Although... it was a steering wheel/trigger type radio, so not sure if that would work for you. The trigger still controlled speed, but the wheel would control each esc like you'd expect for a tank with a motor on each track.

Hello. Ok 1st you need a dual stick radio with tank function in it to select.. then find a esc that will run the motors you have with reverse option in esc. then bind rx to radio then calibrate esc to radio with reverse..
we use some terms
esc=electronic speed control
rx = receiver for radio
bind=making radio communicate with receiver.
calibrate=a programing process the esc needs 1st b4 it will work
and then you get into the batteries we use..LOL sorry man

Hello. Ok 1st you need a dual stick radio with tank function in it to select.. then find a esc that will run the motors you have with reverse option in esc. then bind rx to radio then calibrate esc to radio with reverse..
we use some terms
rx = receiver for radio
Lol no need to be sorry, tech savvy extremely fast learner, I appreciate your response. I guess out of fun, let's say I'm building a remote toy tank that's the size of a kids drivable toy. I have 2 12v DC motors I need to supply power to, due to this being a tank I'm wanting each wheel on each side to be controlled independently per the remote with 2 sticks. Left stick controls left 12v DC motor and right stick controls right 12v DC motor. Additionally the controller will need to work preferably on 2.4ghz band and the receiver would have to work over as long of distance as possible. I'm wise to drones, my dji I have 2.4 at the controller and video with reciever that is on 5. With my antennas i can boost the distance to over a mile. So my post was more of a question in, is there already any hardware currently on the market that would achieve what I am looking for?

we use some terms
rx = receiver for radio
Actually, so ok. So if I find the dual stick radio with tank function, and find the esc that will run the motors, how to I link the esc to the rx? Or do generally all esc's have a communication port for rx's?