Having some 🍻 and editing videos. How's your night going?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also in the process of editing a video! It's uploading to YouTube as of now. :) Thanks for asking!
Do your videos take forever to upload as well? For me a 4-10 gig video takes dang near all day. And I have a blazing fast internet connection.

Yes, my videos are around 2-5 min long (around 5GB avg) and they take hours to upload.
That sucks... but I'm also glad to hear it's not just me. I normally upload at night and schedule for them to be posted sometime late morning/early afternoon.

Yeah, the uploads take a long time. I stopped doing 4k vids just because it isn't really needed for the vids my son and I do. Now, if I get a gopro I will probably do running vids in 4k for the on-car shots. But otherwise 1080p is fine with me.

Yeah, the uploads take a long time. I stopped doing 4k vids just because it isn't really needed for the vids my son and I do. Now, if I get a gopro I will probably do running vids in 4k for the on-car shots. But otherwise 1080p is fine with me.
Oh man, I can't even imagine how long a 4k vid would take. I'm limited to 1080p just due to my cameras. Which I've stated in another thread is my phone. Today I dusted off my old phone so I can get multiple angles. I'm not quite ready to drop the cash on a good camera. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Oh man, I can't even imagine how long a 4k vid would take. I'm limited to 1080p just due to my cameras. Which I've stated in another thread is my phone. Today I dusted off my old phone so I can get multiple angles. I'm not quite ready to drop the cash on a good camera. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Yeah, using my phone is fine with me. I have no desire whatsoever to buy a camera for the regular filming. The only real benefit I could see to having a DSLR would be for low light conditions because the better lenses on DSLR cams. That is the problem people face with inferior cameras. It is the lighting. Not the resolution usually. I have an overhead florescent, 2 LED spot lights, and an LED lamp. It's not the ideal setup, but it helps my camera focus a lot better. Just adding lighting makes the biggest difference indoors. That is why the outdoor shots always look more "high def". Can't beat natural lighting. And from what I have seen, your vids look fine.

And from what I have seen, your vids look fine.
Thanks, I'm still trying to fine tune everything. I was gifted a setup from my brother that's something similar to this:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...tml/?msclkid=7f783a02cd3b1efcd4685b10ca88de01

Sound in my studio/workshop is something I want to improve on. For one, it's brutally hot up there. So I have to have AC running. When I turn it off I have 15-20 mins before it starts becoming an issue again. In my repair videos I record the footage, then do voice over work in my office which is sound insulated with an okay mic. I'll probably be adding acoustic foam, and I've been thinking about a lapel mic. Which might help with the AC noise.

Of course by the time I get all this setup it'll be winter here in the Northland and I won't have to worry about much of that for another 6-8 months lol!

Thanks, I'm still trying to fine tune everything. I was gifted a setup from my brother that's something similar to this:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...tml/?msclkid=7f783a02cd3b1efcd4685b10ca88de01

Sound in my studio/workshop is something I want to improve on. For one, it's brutally hot up there. So I have to have AC running. When I turn it off I have 15-20 mins before it starts becoming an issue again. In my repair videos I record the footage, then do voice over work in my office which is sound insulated with an okay mic. I'll probably be adding acoustic foam, and I've been thinking about a lapel mic. Which might help with the AC noise.

Of course by the time I get all this setup it'll be winter here in the Northland and I won't have to worry about much of that for another 6-8 months lol!
Yeah, I have been needing a mic as well. Something that helps with blocking an AC vent right above my workbench. Let me know if you find anything that works. Lapel mics would probably be best for that I am guessing.

Yeah, I have been needing a mic as well. Something that helps with blocking an AC vent right above my workbench. Let me know if you find anything that works. Lapel mics would probably be best for that I am guessing.
For sure. I'll talk to my brother, he's kind of a pro when it comes to video production and has been where I've learned pretty much everything I know.
At the same time, he's probably going to recommend something that's not cheap. And quite honestly I'm thinking $20-50 max.

For sure. I'll talk to my brother, he's kind of a pro when it comes to video production and has been where I've learned pretty much everything I know.
At the same time, he's probably going to recommend something that's not cheap. And quite honestly I'm thinking $20-50 max.
Yeah, I think the Rode mic and the Movo VXR10 are pretty popular in that price range.

I'll check those out tomorrow. Knowing me if I look at them now I'll just end up buying them lol!
I watched a bunch of vids on mics awhile back, and after doing so I narrowed it down to this one...
Movo VXR10-PRO External Video Microphone

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DDLMRB...abc_M86E08V56XTWXGACDPSB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Screenshot_20210810-061826_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Back when I was doing youtube videos I used THIS voice recorder with a lapel mic. You'll need something like THIS (or really you can just take 2 pieces of wood and smack em together to get your sync point for the sound and video(s).

It take forever to upload the videos because while most people have at least 100MB down or more our upload speeds are crap in comparison. I usually take my videos to work because they have a connection that has 75MB upload instead of the 5MB I have at home.

Back