Has the MGT died from mainstream RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynacopas

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys let me say 1st my MGT will arrive this week. I do have quite a few MT's and the MGt will be one more addition. I have been curious about the MGT for a while. But there just don't seem to be active forums for them. Unlike the savage or the traxxas forums. Is it the fact its not as easy to electric convert one. Let me also say I wont be electric converting anything. Is there an upgraded diff for the MGT like the Forza's for the savage?

Got to get this forum lively again.

Unfortunately because of how heavy they are it is a bit easier for everyone to just buy a Savage or Maxx/Revo as they are lighter and more nimble. I LOVE my MGT but find myself looking more than playing with it. The aftermarket is slowly dying so stock up!! I havent heard of anyone doing a diff hybrid and will say that there is a rebuild kit you can buy from Feebay for like $9. Last time I ordered them I bought 5 just so I had spares. That was 3 months ago. I have 2 left :(. Good luck with the truck and post some pics

I must agree that the mgt is not as popular as the trucks mentioned above. I think its a great platform and the 8.0 is the one IMHO that is the least popular. A lot has to do with the fact that traxxas and hpi are so common in the hobby shops that its hard to stock everything when the two other brands have some much space in the shops. Also as mentioned above, the aftermarket support isn't as strong as is the other models.

If you really wanna give her some more power go to a smaller set of tires. A 3.2/3.8 set is considerably smaller and will not only cut back on the rotating mass but increase the lowend power good enough to get the front wheels in the air occasionally. With her so heavy you know thats a solid power increase when you can wheelie

I have a pair of Revos. Since getting the MGT the Revo's sit except when MT racing. Yes they still have MT racing with strict rules. It is extremely popular as well because of the rules. I think the MGT could be a fairly decent race rig. But mainly the MGT's purpose will be a pulling truck.

I love mine,it is my favorite,and i have some nice rigs.

Got mine on Christmas! Been tweeking it through break-in, now I'm 3 tanks past that. INSANE, & I still haven't adjusted for MAX PERFORMANCE yet!!! Have fun with the MGT!

Back