Harley Designs reviews the new Vanquish H10 Optic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA0701

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Clearly targeting the Capra crowd. I love the steering linkage, might have to look into something similar for the Capra. Not sure about the hard body, but I like the battery placement over the Capra as well. It is also cheaper than the Capra, which is always a plus.

Would be a lot better as a kit version. I hate both of those paint schemes.

What’s up with all the rtr and only one kit these days?
That's what I am saying. If you look in the comments on that vid, there are a few people asking about kits. This whole RTR mentality is just stupid. How hard is it to throw all the parts in a box instead of building the kit? Morons.

Would be a lot better as a kit version. I hate both of those paint schemes.
Being Vanquish, I'd imagine one is coming, for sure. Heat the market up with the RTR kit, and then drop the builder's kit on 'em with some added upgrades. I wasn't a fan of the Capra paint options, either, which is why new body panels were some of the first things I ordered, and I find the Capra body panels to look better. I also like that the Capra body panels are more light weight. But, I haven't, admittedly, seen these hard bodies in person, so they may actually be a better option. Only time will tell.

My guess would be because RTR draws in more customers than kit does, so more money will be made.
I most definitely like kits more than any RTR so I would really like to see more.

Being Vanquish, I'd imagine one is coming, for sure. Heat the market up with the RTR kit, and then drop the builder's kit on 'em with some added upgrades. I wasn't a fan of the Capra paint options, either, which is why new body panels were some of the first things I ordered, and I find the Capra body panels to look better. I also like that the Capra body panels are more light weight. But, I haven't, admittedly, seen these hard bodies in person, so they may actually be a better option. Only time will tell.
They actually got rid of a lot of their kits. I don't expect to see one with this one unless they keep getting requests for one.

They actually got rid of a lot of their kits. I don't expect to see one with this one unless they keep getting requests for one.
I hope they release something based on this rig, like yourself and @Tunedfrog, there are a lot of people who would like to see one brought to the market. We will see what the future brings, but hope remains.

I hope they release something based on this rig, like yourself and @Tunedfrog, there are a lot of people who would like to see one brought to the market. We will see what the future brings, but hope remains.
I actually had plans to build a Capra kit too. So pissed that Horizon got rid of it. I haven't bought a thing from them since, and don't plan to. Been shopping at Amain since then.

Just not feeling this one. Could be the hard sell Harley is using, I feel like he over hyped the features a bit.

Thanks for the chuckle. You're still supporting Horizon if item is under their umbrella of brands owned.
I realize that. But they aren't making the markup 😉

But I don't typically buy anything from Horizon because 90% of their stuff is RTR. I don't really do RTR very often. Of the last 15 RC's I have bought, the only RTR's were 2 SCX24's and the Granite. Next to the TT02 we built, the Granite is the biggest POS we got.

I realize that. But they aren't making the markup 😉

But I don't typically buy anything from Horizon because 90% of their stuff is RTR. I don't really do RTR very often. Of the last 15 RC's I have bought, the only RTR's were 2 SCX24's and the Granite. Next to the TT02 we built, the Granite is the biggest POS we got.
Now, to just get them to release those 1/18 and 1/24 in kit form...

Back