Had to start another tank haha.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol ya as dumb as it sounds I'm in a local reef club...

Sounds right for cali lol.

Ok so I got a used empty hob rena filter from a local fish store. Use a pump from a smaller filter for slower flow, put some sand in it with chaeto (macro algae) and a light. BAM refugium lol. I put a plastic grid stop on the outlet to keep snails out and chaeto in. Pretty happy with my diy setup :) This filter alone new is like 120 bucks lol the light is 40-50 I got it all for 30 bucks :) It pays to know people. Its sweet cause the intake of the filter has a built in heater so it cuts down on visible equipment in the tank.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

For those of you that care and/or dont know a Refugium is basicly what it says... a Refuge for stuff to grow/breed that would normally get eaten in the aquarium but are very benificial such as pods, phytoplankton, certain algae, bacteria, bugs, worms, etc... Also the macro algae (green stuff) Filters and provides nutrients that feeds the corals and cleans the water. It helps keep down nitrates and phosphates as well. If setup correctly a reef tank will need ZERO mechanical filtration (filter pads or media) Its one of the reasons I am addicted to it lol. Its so interesting and awesome that I can create and maintain an entire eco system in my house with lights and water flow haha.

Very nice Brando!

Thanks! I love saving money and DIY projects lol

Back