Had to start another tank haha.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yes aquariums are just like RC's or pringles... can't have just one! Inspired by SNG I set up a 10G I had laying around. It will be only soft corals. Most likely all mushrooms. It already has some mushrooms on the rock I got but they will probably die in the cycle. The yellow all over the rock is a sponge! Pretty cool. Hope it lives.

Some progress pics...

Its next to my bigger tank.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

just the way i would do it. a invisible Parana

Savage wax is expensive, right Rolex?

Looks good Brando.

Looking good! I just scored a free 10 gallon that was sitting in my friends garage tonight. Might have a little 10 on the way now. Can't wait to see more.

---------- Post added at 1:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:36 AM ----------

What are you running in that filter? I might turn my extra Aquaclear 50 into a little fuge.

Thanks guys. Running just the pad and filter floss for now. I want to get a big HOB and run the pads in one side and chaeto in the other.

---------- Post added at 8:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:47 AM ----------

Took one of the rocks out to make more "useable space" I think it looks better too. going to get a hydor nano instead of the MJ 400 its to much and blowing the sand around.

index.php

index.php

New light and powerhead that doesn't blow the sand around lol.

index.php

looking good bro.

Thanks man. See the mushroom on the right its like thank god I have light lol. Look at the other pics and then the new one.

Going to order a hang on back refugium with a surface skimmer pretty soon for it.

Tom-Aquatics-Aquarium-Surface-Skimmer-99.jpg

The fuge is this minus the skimmer on the left...

CPR-AeroFuge-Protein-Skimmer-and-Small-Refugium-99.jpg

This one...

CPR-AquaFuge2-Hang-On-Refugium-Small-1.jpg

CPR-AquaFuge2-Hang-On-Refugium-Small-2.jpg

Really? I dont see the need for one on a 10g personally. Your rock is real nice too and since its established you should have a killer biological filter with it alone. Sweet setup though for sure.

Its not a protien skimmer. Just skims the surface. I am thinking about making my own fuge actually out of a aquaclear 110 filter. looks fun and cheaper. I wont be running a protien skimmer. Just the refugium with hopefully a filter pad in it if I can incorprate it plus the surface skimmer. It works like a overflow to keep the surface clean.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC5CEVHnsZI"]Diy aquaclear 110 refugium and fuge light - YouTube[/ame]

Wish we could use chaeto in the hob without light.

Well now I found a buddy has a nice HOB refugium with overflow, return pump and light! So I wouldn't need the surface skimmer for a good price so ill probably get that.

Good thing you got buddies there into it.

Back