GV transmitter and reciever binding?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StUerror88

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly I'm new here and new to RC cars.
So hello and I hope you can be of help to me.

I picked up a nitro GV Subaru a few weeks ago on facebook for free but it didn't come with a manual just a box of bits (I have now worked out what they are)
I got the engine running with a glowplug change and cleaned it up but I haven't yet been able to get the controller to work.

On closer expection in the receiver box area I discovered the batteries were leaking and the holder was corroded so I got a new one thinking this would be problem solved.
However, no cigar!
I have now discovered it could need resyncing or 'Binding' but open looking through google and youtube my RC again appears to be abit special/ different.

The controller doesn't have a button you press to bind so I am abit confused.

The controller looks like this
GV Controller

Any help would be amazing as I really want to get this working

Thanks

usually there is a bind button on radio and 1 on rx maybe you need a bind clip for rx . I can not find any details about your radio from info you gave You need more . I did see a 72mhz radio no binding needed.(not sure where your at so can tell what if and frequency it might use. Post a pic of receiver close up that the rx I've been talking about and look on all sides and surfaces of radio might even have a slide hatch and bind button be hidden from site.....

bind clip if rx has bind listed..
1605624308422.png

after looking at that radio really close up .I'm begining to think its a fm style radio and not a 2.4ghz radio.. does that radio have a crystal in it and does rx have the matching # crystal in it?..id need more pics of rx and radio back ..the antenna looks like a fm radio

AM radio figured as much.. so unless your hand controller has the green color crystal in it it wont work there is no binding with that radio.. Id invest in a 2.4 ghz radio.. radio with 3 channels.. receiver 3 ch also..
many things have changed over the years . and radios is a major thing...
certain countries used different channels than the usa... most now use 2.4 ghz systems..
batteries(some still use alkaline I havent in 20 + years...) nicad old school nimh old school also. A123 great battery now called liFe..3.6volts a cell lipo 4.2 volts a cell and a couple others.
servo-analog-now digital.speeds are way faster than older servo like the mid 1990's
tapes-glue-rubbers..oils so on...
your rx has channel 5 green green is mostly 27.195 seen it in a few close frequencies also. the crystals are going to be the same should have a tx or rx on it radio is tx receiver is rx

If I change to a newer system will all the servos still work?

why is mine not working by the way? I feel as if I’ve missed something in your post?

I can't see a crystal in radio most of them had the corresponding crystal in right top area ..does radio have crystal? the same 1 ? thats what you are physically missing I think. and yes the 2,4 will work with the older servo after binding is complete..id see if I could get a radio with a digital screen on it so you can see where your endpoints are at. Endpoints are the amount that channel your setting will travel...

The little green tab above the batteries is the crystal I think.
anyway I think I’m gunna go down the route you have suggested they don’t seem to be much money and it seems far easier.

I missed the tx pic with batteries and yes that green tab is crystal...does radio have any lights on it?. now does rx have any?. how do you know rx is getting power from corroded holder?. Use a small emery board or finger nail file a rough up contacts at the ends..does it have a switch on model?.check that ..A vom =voltage ohm meter is a good thing to have and use..along with a ir tool.to check heat of things..

There are lights on the transmitter 1 red 1 green.
No light on the car however there is no led anywhere. It has an on off switch which I replaced as it was corroded along with the battery holder. All brand new I assume it’s getting power as when you switch the car on the servos twitch?

ok so you have twitch but no acceleration by servo moving or turn by wheels right or left. try a new radio got any friends that run rc borrow theirs

Ok thanks for your help I have certainly learnt more ??
gunna go down the route of getting a new transmitter and receiver as it’s seems the best and more reliable solution. Not really worth playing around with old hat tech if I don’t need to.

Back