Need help with my Nikko Subaru Impreza Wrc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambrosio_

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, i am new to this forum and rc and i recently bought this Nikko Subaru Impreza WRC (160143). The car came with the gray remote and the owner also gave me the red one, the owner said that the car didn't work.
Since the car and the remotes where 27mhz i though that the remote wasn't the problem.
Later i discovered that the it doesn't work like that.
So is it possible to change the frequency of the remotes to conect to the car or something like that? I really don't understand much about this and i appreciate ur help in advance.
I really like the car so i wanted to try to make it work.
Here are some pics.

20230616_193729.jpg

20230616_194124.jpg

20230616_193449.jpg

20230617_015556.jpg

20230617_015615.jpg

20230617_015830.jpg

20230617_024059.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome in @Ambrosio_ , can take a pic of the chassis on the inside to give us a better idea?
You can buy a new transmitter that comes with the receiver but we need to see the electronic.
I believe this is a toy grade car and you won't find parts.

Last edited:
it looks like a Toy grade car to me.. you will be lucky if it modular internals. w use 3 wire plugs in our hobby grade rcs. pull body off show some pictures then we could give you more help. also what battery pack does it use?I have upgraded a few toy grade rc to make them more user friendly. but that was costly

Welcome in @Ambrosio_ , can take a pic of the chassis on the inside to give us a better idea?
You can buy a new transmitter that comes with the receiver but we need to see the electronic.
I believe this is a toy grade car and you won't find parts.
Nikko is toy grade but they do have parts. I called them up alot until 2005 or so.

Here is the inside
20230617_015556.jpg
20230617_015615.jpg
20230617_015830.jpg

it looks like a Toy grade car to me.. you will be lucky if it modular internals. w use 3 wire plugs in our hobby grade rcs. pull body off show some pictures then we could give you more help. also what battery pack does it use?I have upgraded a few toy grade rc to make them more user friendly. but that was costly
It uses 4 AA bateries

There could be some parts here and there if you search the web.
It is toy grade so I can't be much help @Ambrosio_ , I appreciate you posting the pics.
Somebody like @Chubaka might jump in and offer some knowledge about it.

Nikko would be the only source of parts and information, and likely a new transmitter and combination receiver/speed controller would cost more than the car.

However, if you really like the body, it might be worth it to either put cheap hobby grade servo, ESC and tx/rx into it or swap the body onto an inexpensive buggy or truck chassis. The latter is what I recently did with a vintage Radio Shack Turbo Z like the one I got for Christmas in 1989 or 1990 by making some aluminum body & bumper mounts and grafting the original wheels & tires onto the 1/16th scale 4WD truck hubs.

20230602_193555.jpg

20230602_161651.jpg

20230602_162625.jpg

Nikko would be the only source of parts and information, and likely a new transmitter and combination receiver/speed controller would cost more than the car.

However, if you really like the body, it might be worth it to either put cheap hobby grade servo, ESC and tx/rx into it or swap the body onto an inexpensive buggy or truck chassis. The latter is what I recently did with a vintage Radio Shack Turbo Z like the one I got for Christmas in 1989 or 1990 by making some aluminum body & bumper mounts and grafting the original wheels & tires onto the 1/16th scale 4WD truck hubs.

View attachment 167422

View attachment 167420

View attachment 167421
That's really cool, i will try to do that, thx

Id look in the used section for a rc that will fit that body size....unlikely you will find parts for that .that electronic is a all in 1 board. esc.servo control reciever,

Back