Guess whats back! HPI Savage 5.9

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EJMOPAR70

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I know there will be haters. But I dont care. So excited HPI brought back Savage 5.9.
Screenshot_20221019-124453_Chrome.jpg

Not sure why there would be haters. The Savage is one of the out of the box toughest kits of all time. I dont think I know anyone who doesn't like the Savage :)

Oh wow.
Excited and surprised at the same time.

This is great news for the old 5.9 owners, I wonder about parts compatibility between the two...?

Oh wow.
Excited and surprised at the same time.

This is great news for the old 5.9 owners, I wonder about parts compatibility between the two...?
I would hope theyre the same truck as before. I guess time will tell

They are making HPI lovers happy again!..:thumbs-up::cool:
Not until we get the nitro rs4 back. But then Id be pissed at some prices I paid for parts. 😁🤔🙈🙉🙊

The savage looks great.... minus the body. The wheels seem cool but I question how hard can they be beat on?

Not until we get the nitro rs4 back. But then Id be pissed at some prices I paid for parts. 😁🤔🙈🙉🙊

The savage looks great.... minus the body. The wheels seem cool but I question how hard can they be beat on?

Yea ,everyone wants that RS4 back ,probably more over another MT!.. :thumbs-up:

I would hope theyre the same truck as before. I guess time will tell
To be honest, I am blown away by this move from HPI.
Never thought they will go for 5.9 re-release, especially since they already got 4.6 back in stock.

Looks like 90% parts will be interchangeable with previous version.
Seems they have done away with that terrible way tyres mount onto the axles.
Oh, that TX radio, looks cheap af.

I think they changed the head design & carb to a 2 needle ,not sure!..🤔
You are correct, they did.

I have no idea what the stock setting for mid needle on my 5.9 should be, I hope the previous owner did not touch it.
If he did, I think I may struggle to tune it.

You are correct, they did.

I have no idea what the stock setting for mid needle on my 5.9 should be, I hope the previous owner did not touch it.
If he did, I think I may struggle to tune it.

I have the engine manual on it ,I think it said they are set flush but slightly in in the brass
rim ,there is a tappered spot on the brass an it is set flush with that part!.. :cool:

Me neither ,if I do another on road ,it will be a Kyo GT2!.. :cool:

I have the engine manual on it ,I think it said they are set flush but slightly in in the brass
rim ,there is a tappered spot on the brass an it is set flush with that part!.. :cool:

Not a bad looking car that gt2. I got the playstation Aston Martin from them on my Ofna. I thought the Kyo was discontinued long ago.

I am confused what you mean, before taking it apart, the mid needle was flush with the inner ridge, I then marked it (scratched) so that I can put back the way it was.
But flush is so subjective, it can be moved quite a bit and still seem flush.

I am not sure I understand the tapered bit, and how to alight it?

Thanks

I am confused what you mean, before taking it apart, the mid needle was flush with the inner ridge, I then marked it (scratched) so that I can put back the way it was.
But flush is so subjective, it can be moved quite a bit and still seem flush.

I am not sure I understand the tapered bit, and how to alight it?

Thanks

On the mid range housing ,the over all housing is aluminum ,the internal brass
housing for the needle has a tapered lip just on the outer inside ,needle should
be flush with that edge of that lip ,but if not ,it wont kill your engine if it not perfect!
The mid can also be tuned anyway if your engine seems kind of sluggish through
the 1/4 to 1/2 range throttling!..:thumbs-up: