Guess I'm in the crew

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do I plug the ESC into the battery plug on the reciever, or do I plug it into throttle? Sorry for the stupid question just dont want to trial and error if I can fry anything.

plug battery into esc, plug esc into throttle channel on Rx. no plug in the battery socket on Rx. Radio is powered thru the throttle channel. But I'd check to see if the Rx is BEC compatable. BEC= battery elimination circuitry. There is no Rx battery, the main car battery powers the radio. It get's complicated if you start running crazy numbers of cells. Some of the other guys can elaborate on that. Hope that helped.:banana:

Thanks for the info! I got the micro finished tonight. I will drive it tomorrow and see whats shes got.

Originally posted by humboldtblazer

I guess on an RTR is not as intemidating as its put together and you replace 1 or 2 hop-ups here and there. Its like dating a bunch before you actually do it where a kit seems like your doing it the first night you meet. I have performance anixety.
Where did you come up with that idea??? I'd say the RTR was like you're going to score, you've got a sure thing. A kit means a ton of foreplay and MAYBE you'll score.

your right your anology is much better, but I still had performance anxity. It was alot easier than I thought once I had it built. The only problem is HPI's instructions could be just a little clearer. Its a really great kit all in all, and I am very impressed with it so far

a few pics of my progress.

29172139.gif

29172148.gif

29172153.gif

The only thing is I bought the one with the RX7 body so its 140mm. If you line the rear shock as per the instructions on the inner hole the BB motor is in the way slightly and makes the shock bend. If I put the shock position at 150mm with the 140mm setup and belt it makes it so the shock is compressed about 90% so I think I will have to run a 150mm belt and body to fix this.

Ok I have it finished. I drove it for like 40 minutes last night and I love this little thing!!!:clap: :clap: HPI did a knock out bang up job with this kit. It was easy to put together and a lot of fun!
I cannot believe how fast this thing is. That team Orion BB, Novak Spy, and Dynamite Micro batt pack ROCK! It does 4 wheel drifts with no problem do to all the power being put down to the 4 wheels. I honestly did not know an electric could be so ballsy espically a pint sized electric. I am no longer jaded against electrics. I also installed a Team Orion rear ball diff last night

I fixed the whole shock issue. I cut some round plastic spacers and put one under each mount of the rear deck to lift it up almost 1/4 of an inch. This gave the shock clearance so I can run it at 140mm with a bb and stock chassis and my shock works!

Here are some pics
29245734.gif

29245745.gif

29245748.gif

29245757.gif

29245732.gif

And the new shoes are the Team Orion foam tires on those blingin rims

about 4-5 hours total, and this is because I built the stock diff then the next day I bought the Orion ball diff and had to take apart the stock one and assemble the ball diff. I took it slow because it was my first kit

yours was better.:wedgie:

didnt do nothing wrong just like the smiley, no ill was meant.

Thank you. I seem to be getting a little better at the photo hacks. Looks like X is really enjoying himself doesn't it? I slightly enlared his man tits but not too much to be unbeleiveable. I'm going for more realism.

ok all I have to say is my favorite RC this week is defintely my micro. This thing is fast as hell! I can't believe it. Its fun to take when you travel cuz its small and you can run it in any parking lot, like my hotel. hop-ups I need more hop-ups. What I don't have a problem.......... :whistle:

Back