Grrrrrrrrr....someone just shoot me in the face!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Windows Installer 3.1 and server 2008 arent playing nicely together....Its driving me nuts because I can't figure out why. I can't use any newer version of windows installer because one of the programs we have to run on here must use 3.1 v2 Been googling this for an hour with no luck. So I thought Id say screw it for 15 minutes and take a break and see whats up in here! :)

Morning! lol!
Homer-Simpson-Pointing-Gun.gif

I'm done with Windows. I probably have 1 to 2 years on my current Vista powered home PC at most and when it goes, I will be getting a Mac.

Yup. I'm with Rob. My home PC is 7 years old. XP. Runs almost nothing. I use it to surf the net and store pictures. That's it. After tax season I'm switching to the Dark Side. Time for an iMac.

I still prefer windows to mac. Mac doesn't have enough software support for me. I find most people with macs end up emulating Windows inside of mac to run windows only software so between that and the substantial increase in cost I dont see that happening for me. I'm still a windows guy especially with Windows 7. Win 7 is way better than anything that has come before it. The only reason I'm having problems right now is because I'm trying to use an outdated version of windows installer because of a specific program that has to be installed but the government in it usual slooooooooooooooow way hasnt updated the program to run under server 2008 so its causing me a headache but thats the governments fault for not updating their software.

I'm with Rob as well. I just had to reboot this POS to get my desktop to come up after explorer.exe crashed for no reason at all. All of my Apple stuff has been literally bomb proof, it just works, all the time. I also work in a Windows environment as well. Now that Phoenix supports OSX and above, the only thing I'll need boot camp for is my corporate VPN client. Plus, I do a lot of photo / video editing so the Mac just fits what I need to do better.

Macs still do have the upper hand in the video/photo editing department. I will give them that. I've barely had any trouble at all with my personal PCs since going to Windows 7 but here at work we are forced to try and merge newer software with older and half the time it doesn't want to work right for obvious reasons. Drives me crazy cuz its like the Governments left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing half the time.

Last edited:
Macs still do have the upper hand in the video/photo editing department. I will give them that. I've barely had any trouble at all with my personal PCs since going to Windows 7 but here at work we are forced to try and merge newer software with older and half the time it doesn't want to work right for obvious reasons. Drives me crazy cuz its like the Governments left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing half the time.

Imagine that, in government work no less. :D

It's not just that they have the upper hand, the programs themselves are so much more user friendly IMHO. Their are programs on Windows that will compete with iMovie for example, but the learning curve involved is quite ridiculous.

I've always told the joke that the reason that Mac mice only had 1 button was to keep from confusing the user. On the Mac you usually only have a single way to do things whereas you can do things in multiple ways on a PC.

Well I certainly dont knock MAC users, or linux users, or whatever you like to use users. They all have their strengths and weeknesses....I'm about to take this up to the 14th floor and flight test it off the roof though.....srsly! :p

Drives me crazy cuz its like the Governments left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing half the time.

It's not just them I work for the second largest pet food company in the world and they still have those problems. they went from windows 2000 to vista(just last year mind you) skipping XP totally now they are going to win 7 after they found out that there is no software support for vista

Yeah that would suck...

LOL@HPIKILLER I couldnt see your picture until I got home.....embedded pics and most everything else interesting is blocked on the government network. Although they unblocked youtube and facebook last year.....go figure....