Got the Blahs....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Sorry if my replies to posts this weekend were brief, the whole three day weekend I was just kind of out of it. (just felt light headed) I had plans to get out and do some stuff, none of it happened. :( Sunday night I finally got enough motivation to do some wrenching on the Doom Buggy and managed to snap off an axle, so I then had to order a new axle and brass bolt (because the axle is stick inside and would not come out) now I have to wait for parts again. :( I did get some Treal Steering knuckles installed on the Doom Buggy but that was my big accomplishment. Did I mention BLAAAAAH? :wtf:

Sorry if my replies to posts this weekend were brief, the whole three day weekend I was just kind of out of it. (just felt light headed) I had plans to get out and do some stuff, none of it happened. :( Sunday night I finally got enough motivation to do some wrenching on the Doom Buggy and managed to snap off an axle, so I then had to order a new axle and brass bolt (because the axle is stick inside and would not come out) now I have to wait for parts again. :( I did get some Treal Steering knuckles installed on the Doom Buggy but that was my big accomplishment. Did I mention BLAAAAAH? :wtf:
Sorry to hear. If it hasn't improved, it would be a good idea to get to the doctor and just have things check it out. Hopefully, it's just the Cali heat getting to ya. When it gets really hot and humid, I just feel drained and want to do nothing.

I have this issue half the time myself. I get in these blah mental states and sometimes it takes days to snap out of it. Dont feel like doing anything that I want to do which adds to the blah feeling. then Ill hit a lick for a couple days where I do stuff but its always a back and forth. Hang in there brutha!

I hope you get to feeling better soon @Doom . There is so much going on now days that it's hard to keep a permagrin. I won't go into detail and highjack your thread so I'll just say, hang in there brother, we have all been there.

Anyone want to trade for Parkinsons. I will throw in the drugs too. Dont take enough and you can't walk and throw your coffee all over yourself.
Take too many you can't sleep and hallucinate.

Anyone want to trade for Parkinsons. I will throw in the drugs too. Dont take enough and you can't walk and throw your coffee all over yourself.
Ill take my psoriasis and heart stent over that one brutha. The way my memory is these days I'm afraid Ill end up with some sort of dementia or something but I'm fat and lazy so I might not live long enough to find out lol. I already have a laundry list of drugs I have to take but unfortunately non of them make me hallucinate 🤣 🤣 🤣

With life its always something aint it...

Sarcoidosis..type 1 diabetic for 57 years.throw in my only allergy is to black walnuts unknown till 3moths after purchase of new house w land

Ill take my psoriasis and heart stent over that one brutha. The way my memory is these days I'm afraid Ill end up with some sort of dementia or something but I'm fat and lazy so I might not live long enough to find out lol. I already have a laundry list of drugs I have to take but unfortunately non of them make me hallucinate 🤣 🤣 🤣

With life its always something aint it...
LOL
I already got those. No point in trading for them.

My biggest problem Is I can't find anywhere to run. Everything is private property these days. No one is working and the parks have too many people.
No big construction sites here. Tired of flat and grass.
I cure the blahs with no sleep. Works great for me.
Summary Total sleep deprivation (TSD) for one whole night improves depressive symptoms in
40±60% of treatments
Total sleep deprivation significantly improves mood in about 60% of all depressed patients … Even
with the stricter criterion for improve- ment—a 50% reduction in 21-item Hamilton depres
Use at your own risk.

That pain at the moment you get merged and then it passes.

Last edited:
🤔 Hmmmmm, I think I'll pass on that offer. I can't keep from dropping screws on the floor as it is. Don't think I want to send them across the room. :oops:

I'm thinking I just haven't been sleeping well, and it's caught up with me. I had work dreams last night. :doh: That is one of the side effects of my Anxiety/Depression meds. It will blow over, the fact I did nothing over the three day weekend makes me feel even more bummed. Tonight I need to accomplish something so I can get out of my funk. I wish I could figure out how everything seemed so care free when I was in my 20's.

Hope you get to feeling better @Doom!. I get the same way sometimes. I can't sit upright or stand for more than 20 minutes or so, and that makes it hard to do anything even when I want to. But usually if I just force myself to be busy for a bit, it seems after I take a break I am more eager to get back to it.

But snapping an axle when you are eager to see the rewards for your effots - I can see that bumming anybody out. I have changed my wheels enough times on my 24's I am surprised I haven't done that myself. Hang in there brother.

I wish I could figure out how everything seemed so care free when I was in my 20's.
We were all like that in our 20s bro...By the time you hit 40-45 its becomes a whole new ball game.

I'm ROLLIN' OVER HERE! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I love that bird. I used to have a Cockatoo that would fly across the room to my shoulder every time I got home from work. It is the only time that bird would ever fly.

Been a brutal year.
You need some life threatening excitement! Come visit me in late October. It'll be awesome! There'll be some snow ❄, some elk 🦘, deer 🦌, antelope 🦄, and get this- I can pretty much guarantee that I can get you mauled by a grizzly 🐻! 🤩
It'll be life changing! (ending?)
Oh, and since you live at sea level, we can throw in some altitude sickness, heart attacks, and maybe- if you're really lucky, we can get you a nice ice tan (frost bite)! 🥶
Don't delay! Operators are standing by ☎️

I'm thinking I just haven't been sleeping well, and it's caught up with me. I had work dreams last night. :doh: That is one of the side effects of my Anxiety/Depression meds.
Do you drink tea? I've heard, with some people, tea causes lucid dreams.

Been a brutal year.
You need some life threatening excitement! Come visit me in late October. It'll be awesome! There'll be some snow ❄, some elk 🦘, deer 🦌, antelope 🦄, and get this- I can pretty much guarantee that I can get you mauled by a grizzly 🐻! 🤩
Oh, and since you live at sea level, we can throw in some altitude sickness, heart attacks, and maybe- if you're really lucky, we can get you a nice ice tan (frost bite)! 🥶
That include a complementary excursion with the Taco Truck? 😁

Been a brutal year.
Sounds like a good time. Where do I sign up?

Did I mention BLAAAAAH? :wtf:
NO reason to apologize bud. We've have all gotten the BLAAAH before. It's been a really rough yr on everyone. With everything going on it sucks. And with the all heat out in cali. Not sure how you sleep. But I don't sleep to well with my titanium hips maybe 4-5 hrs a night. Then go to work all day come home and work around house. It all adds up after a few weeks of that every day. Your body needs to reset. And usually literally shuts down on you. With no motivation to do anything but sit /lay around. But the light headed is not so good but you know your body best. And would know if or when it's a serious thing that should be checked out. The worst thing is to let your mind run. And get in your own head. That's when the voices come to play. Well mine are always out. Not so much to play more like fight with one another.🤫🤣🤣 I have depression and ADHD. And during winter it gets worse for me as I'm stuck indoors for months on end. I get very blaaah. Hits us all at different times. Especially over the last yr.. just can't let it keep you down. And get in your head. Thinking in your head isn't good for anyone. I'm sorry for your parts breaking I know that feeling and it sucks big time. The wait for new parts sucks even more. But they will be there soon. And the DOOM BUGGY. Will ride again bud. Maybe we all need a trip the the "PAT RANCH" to see get mauled first... 🤣🤣🤣 sounds like a hell of a rush. Like back in are 20s. Just know it happens to use all. Rich or poor big or small. No matter where we are. Or where we come from. We are here if you or anyone else needs to vent or just wants to talk about sh*t... that's what us crazy RC addicted guys are here for to help other when they need help.. hope your nite is better and tomorrow is a new day.. get a good nite rest and and leave it in yesterday as tomorrow will be a great day for you sir💀💀👍👍👍

Do you drink tea? I've heard, with some people, tea causes lucid dreams.
I do drink tea, that is something to think about.

@Pat_ranch I am ordering a bear suit right now!

I am feeling a lot better tonight :thumbs-up: thanks to all of you guys. I know I'm not the only one this happens too but why dI'd it have to pick my three day weekend. o_O
Made some more progress on the Doom Buggy tonight. :)

Back