Got the B74.1D out for a test rip today!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Got a few minutes today to take the new build for a test ride. Mostly I wanted to see how the ESC and motor felt but also a little shake down of the build. I was running a junk set of buggy tires that a got from Amazon just for stuff like this. $14 for the whole set including wheels.

I also got a hat with a GoPro mount on the brim so I gave that a try too. I need to see if there’s a way to narrow the field of view but I think the footage came out ok.

Watch this vid and see if it seems like maybe the diffs are loud. It seems like it’s louder than it should be. Pulls like a beast. Just running the mechanical timing that came out of the box 26/78 gearing and blinky mode.

Any input is appreciated!

I gotta get my self a gopro, and a mount. Since I want to record my races from first person. Also maybe mount it on the car.
Those tires, would be good for running it on the street. Maybe not the track. Lol
The diffs being loud seems normal to me. The thicker oil in the diffs, the louder they might sound.
200K in my center was pretty quiet. When I upped it to 500K it had a higher pitch noise. Higher the center diff oil, it mostly compares a slipper clutch being tighter. ,Now for the front and rear diffs, I'm not sure. I only ran the same diff oil front and rear before so can't tell you. But yesterday I upped my rear to 30K. And at the track next week might up the center diff to 1 mil. Pretty thick. I chose that I am running majority on carpet, so if I do run on clay, ill jut run a carpet setup minus tires / tire sauce.

I’ve got a GoPro mount on my slash’s roof. It can get some cool shots but no way I’d want to actually run it in a race. It shifts the CG up so high it always feels like the truck is going to roll. I thought about mounting it inside looking out through the windshield but the lexan is so wavy the shot would look awful. One of these days I’ll get the little tiny GoPro or one of those insta360 things. But for now the old Hero7 will have to suffice.

Back