ess dual wont calibrate

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
hey i just got the ess dual in today, i go to hook it up to the element ecto, id doesn't seem to want to calibrate. I'm most likely doing something wrong.
i have it hooked up to power, then it says plug the Y splitter into channel 2, I'm not able to find that on the factory ess that is on it, is that my problem? the esc just isnt good enough?
even when it is hooked up and the speakers little light is on, it says hold + to enter calibration mode, i hold it and nothing happens,
when i hold both - and + it will beep at me twice
it does not react the way the peoples in the videos seems to work,
issue numero 2
the Slink adapter that came with it doesn't register, tried it in 3 seperate pc to see if it was some kind of usb port issue, same results no matter what, it says reading then changes to no device detected.
are these issues common? did i just get a bad one and just need to swap it out?
kinda salty, have this neat thing i can't use and i know its 90% user malefunction. any help or advice would be appreciated. weirdly it says I'm in a beta system.
423454563_756255563269139_5592727741978993322_n (1).jpg

I've done the troubleshooting on the site (if you can call it that) I've changed the rate like they suggest. it still wont register the link . hell i can't even hear the factory installed sounds on it,

its called a esc not a ess.
2nd software is a beta version Those have given me issues back in the 2000's.
make sure radio settings are at zero no trim on throttle so you adjusted the deadband width id go back to factory setting on that also.
channel 2 on receiver should be marked. 1 is for steering 2 should be channel (plug under that)
dont know what esc you have you left that out? brushed?

its called a esc not a ess.
2nd software is a beta version Those have given me issues back in the 2000's.
make sure radio settings are at zero no trim on throttle so you adjusted the deadband width id go back to factory setting on that also.
channel 2 on receiver should be marked. 1 is for steering 2 should be channel (plug under that)
dont know what esc you have you left that out? brushed?
i thought i mentioned it was the factory ESC my bad foir havin the fat fingers..... the ESC is a reedy sc480x
https://img2.associatedelectrics.co...k_black/Reedy_ESC_SC480x_Manual_OnLine_R2.pdf
i can't find how many channels it has...... so while typing i realised what i did wrong.... i forgot to connect to channel 2 on the RECIEVER. i kept just hooking up the aux ypo the esc, i needed to conect the reciever... my momsa blond and i have blond moments..

I'm still messing up on the calibration, can't get it to do it, and the S link card wont read in any of our pc's gonna tsakee it to the library to try on a few other pc,

Last edited:
Cool rig, it handles the skateboard quite well.
Are you turning over a new leaf TNT. You corrected somebody's spelling. :D

so. i was right. it was user malefunction. you have to have your whole rig plugged into laptop for it to register. i was trying to just plug the usb into the laptop, assuming it copied the info onto the slink dongle. wrong. you gotta hook the power supply line theat you put into channel 2. unplug that plug IT into the dongle then dongle into the usb port. then it will finally read the slink. and you can program your sounds. they did not say this and apparently everyone but me knew to do this. well now i know.
and it sounds badass

Back