PSA: Slash bodies shouldn’t go over 65 mph!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Got my super slash build out for the first time today. Beautiful weather here.

Started out on 3s 18/42 gearing to see how it handled and get the tires warmed up. I won’t say everything was perfect but it was damn good for the first time out. I need to tighten up the servo saver a bit maybe a stiffer sway bar in the rear but overall very predictable and controllable.

Stepped up to 4s to test the waters. I’ve never driven anything above 3s till today. Did some full throttle passes everything still felt good.

Stepped up again to 6S. Turned on my GPS. Went for a speed run with a tail wind. Got going and the WOOSH! It looped over backwards and landed on the roof. Whoops…

I’m not deterred. I’m motivated now to get my Porsche body and the carbon floor finished up so I can really start going fast!

So glad I got back into this hobby!
This would have been a really expensive day if it was a real car! Haha

IMG_1934.jpeg

Before the outing…

IMG_1969.jpeg
IMG_1968.jpeg

The results… Biggest bummer is the roof skids I ordered showed up today while I was out. 🤦‍♂

IMG_1964.png

The gps reading from the fateful run.

IMG_1965.png

132 footer on 6S. It legit left black tire stripes for half the run. Gonna need to get some actual drag tires. Maybe an actual drag car!

Yea short course bodies like to parachute. I have problems with it at the track too when going over the ramps. I watch a few guys on youtube that use the bug body. The bug body is more aerodynamic I guess and it doesn't pull air under it.

Bug body

Yea short course bodies like to parachute. I have problems with it at the track too when going over the ramps. I watch a few guys on youtube that use the bug body. The bug body is more aerodynamic I guess and it doesn't pull air under it.

Bug body
I could get down with that! I already have a Delta Plastik 911 body I plan to use for speed runs. And a big enough sheet of 2mm carbon fiber to do a whole splitter/floor/diffuser. I just haven’t done it yet. It just bumped up the priority list a tic. Haha. I think I want to get an actual drag car at some point too.

I could get down with that! I already have a Delta Plastik 911 body I plan to use for speed runs. And a big enough sheet of 2mm carbon fiber to do a whole splitter/floor/diffuser. I just haven’t done it yet. It just bumped up the priority list a tic. Haha. I think I want to get an actual drag car at some point too.
Definitely you need more aerodynamic body and to get rid of that front bumper.

I have Traxxas rally first generation with hoss motor and ESC but geared conservative, 50 mph top speed but super stable.

I am sure that car is going to be sickening on 6s, but stock drag slash on 3s is slightly faster for acceleration

Screenshot_20220903-072857.png

thats why you vent the body corectlly so it wont parachute..Had aloso sct race ready up to 142mph
You're a SE MI guy, right? You ever run any of the drag races that Larry's puts on? My curiosity is piqued... wondering if there's a class for my Arrma Vendetta.

Thsi is why I always take alot of pics when they are new.

Back